We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenu UI Usability Issues

I find the XPMenu UI non-intuitive and not friendly. I don''t understand why the standard menu model of interacting directly with the menu in the designer was not used. This whole business of having to create categories and then having drag and drop to get it to show up was not a good implementation. What used to be a simple task for creating menus (either via Microsoft or other vendors), has now been unnecessarily complicated. Your UI is also inconsistent by itself. You have a modify button for commands, but no modify button for Categories. You have up/down buttons for categories, but none for menu commands. Don''t get me wrong - I use and recommend your suite to everyone, but this UI needs some work! I am the only one that feels this way? Thanks, Derek

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2005 04:23 PM UTC

Derek, We followed the Visual Studio/Office XP Menus UI model in our menus framework since that is what we try to emulate. In Visual Studio, if you go to Tools/Customize... dialog, you will see that the Commands are categorized among Categories. Our object model simulates this UI. I agree that it''s very different from the default menus framework, but we had to adhere to this framework to support all the functionalities like User-Customization, Child Menus merging, etc. you see in VS.Net and Office products. There is some learning curve involved, but you should be able to get familiar with the framework easily, hopefully. Regards, Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon