We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfo

I use the following TextWriterTraceListener myWriter = new TextWriterTraceListener("trace.txt"); Trace.Listeners.Add(myWriter); Then in my progam add TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfo calls. The trace.txt file is created but no output.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2003 10:56 PM UTC

A couple of things you need to do. 1) Make sure you are using the Debug versions of the Grid and Shared libraries. 2) Add a config.exe file setting the switches to pick out the debug output you want to display. Attached is a sample project that has a sample config.exe file. If you build this sample with the debug libraries, the trace.txt file will be written. You can see another sample config file with the Grid\Samples\Quick Start\GridPad sample. In that sample file, many of the switches have a letter like s or x added to the beginning to hide that particular switch. You can see the complete list of switches in the switches.cs file.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2003 02:45 AM UTC

Make sure also TRACE is set in your projects configuration. (Conditional Compilation Constants) Stefan

DF Doug Finke January 14, 2003 03:28 PM UTC

I used the Syncfusion Assembly Manager to switch to the Debug versions. The TRACE constant is set on the project. I see debug messages in the output window, the trace.txt is created but is still empty.

DF Doug Finke January 14, 2003 03:28 PM UTC

I used the Syncfusion Assembly Manager to switch to the Debug versions. The TRACE constant is set on the project. I see debug messages in the output window, the trace.txt is created but is still empty.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2003 10:38 PM UTC

Did the sample program that I attached earlier work for you? It works for me here. What version of the grid are you using? I am using 1.5.1.1.

DF Doug Finke January 15, 2003 11:22 AM UTC

> Did the sample program that I attached earlier work for you? It works for me here. What version of the grid are you using? I am using 1.5.1.1. > I used your sample, I am using 1.5.1.0. I haven't upgraded becuase I am using the grid in a user control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 15, 2003 03:59 PM UTC

The tracing was broken in that release. We'll have a public patch in a week or so that will allow both the tracing and user control to work. Sorry.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon