We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Running samples in 3.0.1.0 fails with license error

Hi. I have just got the new version and have tried to run the CalenderCells sample. It fails on the this.gridControl1 = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl(); line, with a "A valid license could not be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel." Anyone else getting this? I checked the KB and open issues and there''s nothing in there. Copy Local is set to false on all my Syncfusion references. Thanks, -Stephen

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2005 12:04 PM UTC

Are you running the prebuilt sample from the sample browser on a system where our product is installed? That should work. We do not ship license.licx files with our samples, so if you need to run them on a system that does not have Syncfusion installed, then you should build the sample on a licensed system (after touching the form so the license.licx file is created.)

ST Stephen Trinder January 13, 2005 05:47 PM UTC

The product is installed on my PC (though at the end of the installation it gave an error that one of the components could not be updated and to run Assembley Manager). I should have mentioned that the sample runs fine if I just click "Run sample", but if I open the project in C# and then run it, I get the license error. Thanks, -Stephen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2005 06:27 PM UTC

Open the form in the designer, and then click the grid. Under the grid''s propertygrid, you should see a Touch It verb. Click that and then try compiling things again. (This should make sure the proper license file is there.) If that does not work, here are some things to try. You should check you GAC (WIndows\Assembly folder) to make sure you see the 3.0.1.0 Syncfusion assemblies there. Also, remove any syncfusion policy files you might see. If not, try running the Assembly Manager (from the Syncfusion Start menu) and select the prebuilt assemblies. If that does not resolve the problem, I would suggest resetting yor toolbox and reloading the 3010 controls.

ST Stephen Trinder January 13, 2005 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Clay. The "Touch It" verb did the trick. Thanks for your help! -Stephen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon