We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

loadthtmlresource

I was working through your example "HTMLUICustomControls" and could use your help to increase my understanding of it. Specifically, the line: _htmlStream = (Stream) _assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.Samples.customcontrols.htm"); This is from the downloadable example in LoadHTMLResource I was unable to figure out why the "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.Samples" was necessary. I tried changing the namespace and other variations and could not figure out what setting made it necessary. So, the only time I can get the sample to work is if I include "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.Samples" regardless of what I do with changing the namespace etc. The reason this is important is because I cannot resolve the line in a separate program that I am writing. It does not fill "_htmlstream" and so no html document is loaded. I have narrowed it down to that specific line and have tried everything from using the namespace to "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.Samples" and have not got it to work. Keep in mind that you are dealing with a hobbyist. I am fairly new to assemblies and namespaces. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 12, 2005 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Neil, Thank you for your interest in Essential HTMLUI. Please check the following settings in your project. Check the default namespace set in the project. Right click with your mouse on the project inside VS.NET''s Solution Explorer and select the Properties menu item from the popup menu. This will display the Property pages for the project. Note the Default Namespace under the general section. Click here for a sample. In the above sample, the default namespace is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.Samples. To load a resource that is embedded in this assembly, you would needs to specify this namespace + . + name of the resource. Also make sure that the HTML file is marked with the BuildAction = Embedded Resource (Right click the file inside VS.NET and select properties) Please let us know if you have any further questions. Regards, Davis

NC Neil Conway January 12, 2005 03:39 PM UTC

That completely solved my problem. Thanks for the great explanation.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon