We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Description Property

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

23270 Jan 7,2005 11:06 AM Jan 7,2005 03:41 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Tito Toro
Asked On January 7, 2005 11:06 AM

is it possible to set the value of a cell programatically using the cell description property. For example I would assign the cell a1 a description "LoanTerm" could I then programatically place a value ib the cell. Thank you

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 7, 2005 11:17 AM

I am not sure I understand. But if you want the grid to display what you set as the style.Description property instead of its normal display of style.CellValue (which is equivqlent to style.Text), then one way to do this is to subscribe to the DrawCellDisplayText event. In your handler set: e.DisplayText = e.Style.Description

Tito Toro
Replied On January 7, 2005 11:34 AM

Sorry I''ll try to rephrase it. Instead of setting a cell value using the range. Is it possible to use it''s description property to reference the cell? Thanks

Tito Toro
Replied On January 7, 2005 11:50 AM

For example: gridControl1[1, 1].CellValue = "123456"; sets the value. is there a way to set the cellvalue using the description property? Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 7, 2005 03:41 PM

What descrption property are you talking about? gridControl1[1, 1].Description = "PushButtonText"; sets the text that appears on PushButton cells. So, I don''t know of any other description property that you can set. If you set the gridControl1[1, 1].Description property for cells other than PushButtons, you can make this description appear in the cell using the event I mentioned above.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;