We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting the celltype of an entire column

Is it possible to set the celltype of an entire column? For example: I have a dataset with 10 rows and 5 columns that I pass to the grid to populate. I always want column 3 to contain a checkbox. Is there anyway of doing this short of selecting the column as a range, expanding it, then looping through the GetNextCell method and setting each cell individually?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 08:29 PM UTC

If this is a GridDataBoundGrid, the you set teh style information for a column using the GridBoundColumn.StyleInfo property. You get this object either using the grid.GridBoundColumns collection if you have explicily added GridBoundColumns either using the designer or from code. If you have not explicitly added GridBoundColumns, then you access the GridBoundColumn from the grid.Binder.InternalColumns collection. Check out this KB for some code snippets. http://64.78.18.34/Support/article.aspx?id=562 If this is a GrodControl, you use the grid.ColStyles collection to set the style information for a column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 08:35 PM UTC

It was a gridcontrol, so the ColStyles is the answer. Great! Thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon