We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding and deleting the columns in design time

In Grid Control, While I try to add/delete columns in between the existing columns, I am not able to do it. If any knows it, then help me. thanks Rajesh

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 09:55 AM UTC

In the designer, you can only increase/decrease the ColCount. So, to insert a column, increase the colcount, and then select the last column by clicking its header (with the GlobalMode turned off). Then you can moouse down on the header of the selected column and drag it to where you want it. (You do have to have grid.AllowDragSelectedColumns = true to be able ot do this.). To delete a column, you can drag it to the end of the grid and then decrease teh ColCount.

RA Rajesh January 7, 2005 03:39 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks Its working fine. But it works only for the new col. that is added If I delete an existing col. by dragging it to the last position and then by reducing the col count by 1 as you said. But it won''t work. i.e. It works(just it acts like one) for the current screen(last row will be disappeared/deleted). Once I either close the form and reopened it or executing it. The changes that made won''t get effect in the screen. SO I want a sample program or a solution to resolve it. And one more, The same situation for inserting a col. If new col. is added and draged before setting any property for that col. It works fine But for the existing one, it won''t work i.e. Dragging is possible but it won''t take effect in runtime or in the design time once I reopened the form. for that I have to change the code part of it whether it is the only way or you have some other way to do it. I Just want a help thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 06:28 AM UTC

Resetting the ColCount not taking effect appears to be a bug to me. I will forward it to the grid architect so we can get it fixed. For the time being (until there is a release with this corrected), I think the simplest thing to do is to hide a column you want delete. You can do this in version 3.0.1.0 from the designer by adding an entry in the ColHiddenEntries collection (setting the proper ColIndex property in the object that is aded to the collection). It also looks like dragging columns does not affect runtime either. One way you can work around this problem in 3.0.1.0 designer is to open up the RangeStyles collection. There, you can directly edit the Range property in each object. This has the effect of changing where that StyleInfo entry defined there will be applied. In this manner, you can move a defined StyleInfo entry from one column to another.

RA Rajesh January 7, 2005 08:59 AM UTC

As per ur Solution, we can''t do the modification like 1. Dragging a existing Row and changing it to different place is not possible. 2. Same for delete So I think it is burden for the developer if he forgot anything while designing Grid Then he have redesign the Grid. So can you offer some other facility to overcome this. At Present, whether you work on this issue or you doesn''t consider this is an Issue. Please I want a Solution Expecting Positive Reply, Thanks for ur quick response Thanks Rajesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 09:16 AM UTC

Are you using 3010? If so, you can hiderows and edit the RangeStyles as suggested above for columns to move the styles applied to rows around as well. For example, if you want to move the rowstyle that you have applied to row 3 to row 8, then you can open up the RangeStyles collection and selection the R3 entry, and change R3 to R8.

TH tired headaches January 22, 2007 05:00 AM UTC

Processes we should first have endeavored to discover. tired nausea [url=http://ts.doruz.info/tired-nausea.htm#tired+nausea]tired nausea[/url] sleeping yourself night can make you feel alone sleeping sun nightwish brooks adrenaline feeling fatigue [url=http://ts.doruz.info/feeling-fatigue.htm#feeling+fatigue]feeling fatigue[/url]

UB ultimate bet bonus codes February 16, 2007 08:08 AM UTC

Road to righteousness the left the one to crime thus the left may signify. poker signup bonus ultimate bet poker [url=http://bw.opdos.info/ultimate-bet-poker.htm#ultimate+bet+poker]ultimate bet poker[/url] poker stars bonus code party poker deposit bonus codes [url=http://bw.opdos.info/party-poker-deposit-bonus-codes.htm#party+poker+deposit+bonus+codes]party poker deposit bonus codes[/url] poker stars bonus codes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon