We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HTML support

I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? Thanks

14 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2005 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Glenn, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? > >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 09:39 AM UTC

Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). Thanks >Hi Glenn, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. > >Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >> >>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Mark, Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. Stephen. >Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). > >Thanks > >>Hi Glenn, >> >>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >> >>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>> >>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2005 07:47 PM UTC

Stephen - I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? Thanks, Mark >Hi Mark, > >Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 > >However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. > >Stephen. > >>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >> >>Thanks >> >>>Hi Glenn, >>> >>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>> >>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>> >>>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2005 03:44 AM UTC

Hi Mark, Since the part played by HTMUI in this scenario is to only render the HTML to an image, I assume that it could be used in a webforms application. However, I will confirm this with the HTML UI support engineer and try to provide you with a working sample. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Stephen - > >I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? > >Thanks, > >Mark > > >>Hi Mark, >> >>Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link >> >>http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 >> >>However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >>> >>>Thanks >>> >>>>Hi Glenn, >>>> >>>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>>> >>>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>>> >>>>Best regards, >>>> >>>>Stephen. >>>> >>>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>>> >>>>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2005 09:30 AM UTC

Stephen - Any luck with this? If this works as I''d like, I''m looking to make a purchase this week. Thanks, Mark >Hi Mark, > >Since the part played by HTMUI in this scenario is to only render the HTML to an image, I assume that it could be used in a webforms application. However, I will confirm this with the HTML UI support engineer and try to provide you with a working sample. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Stephen - >> >>I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? >> >>Thanks, >> >>Mark >> >> >>>Hi Mark, >>> >>>Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link >>> >>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 >>> >>>However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >>>> >>>>Thanks >>>> >>>>>Hi Glenn, >>>>> >>>>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>>>> >>>>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>>>> >>>>>Best regards, >>>>> >>>>>Stephen. >>>>> >>>>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>>>> >>>>>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2005 04:39 PM UTC

Hi Mark, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Could you please create a Direc-Trac incident with the sample page that you want to be exported to PDF. After investigation into this issue we found out that if the webpages were complex, then there would be a difference in the way HTML gets rendered when saved as PDF using HTMLUI, so we are also considering using MSHTML library to render HTML pages as an addition to using HTMLUI. This would give you an option to perfectly render HTML in case HTMLUI is not able to render the HTML perfectly. We will provide you with a working sample for both options within a week. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Stephen - > >Any luck with this? If this works as I''d like, I''m looking to make a purchase this week. > >Thanks, > >Mark > > >>Hi Mark, >> >>Since the part played by HTMUI in this scenario is to only render the HTML to an image, I assume that it could be used in a webforms application. However, I will confirm this with the HTML UI support engineer and try to provide you with a working sample. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Stephen - >>> >>>I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? >>> >>>Thanks, >>> >>>Mark >>> >>> >>>>Hi Mark, >>>> >>>>Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link >>>> >>>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 >>>> >>>>However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. >>>> >>>>Stephen. >>>> >>>>>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >>>>> >>>>>Thanks >>>>> >>>>>>Hi Glenn, >>>>>> >>>>>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>>>>> >>>>>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>>>>> >>>>>>Best regards, >>>>>> >>>>>>Stephen. >>>>>> >>>>>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Thanks

BT Bob Timesand March 22, 2005 01:57 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Did you get a manage to provide a working sample? The situation sounds identical to what I would like to achieve. Thanks, Bob. >Hi Mark, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. > >Could you please create a Direc-Trac incident with the sample page that you want to be exported to PDF. After investigation into this issue we found out that if the webpages were complex, then there would be a difference in the way HTML gets rendered when saved as PDF using HTMLUI, so we are also considering using MSHTML library to render HTML pages as an addition to using HTMLUI. This would give you an option to perfectly render HTML in case HTMLUI is not able to render the HTML perfectly. We will provide you with a working sample for both options within a week. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Stephen - >> >>Any luck with this? If this works as I''d like, I''m looking to make a purchase this week. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Mark >> >> >>>Hi Mark, >>> >>>Since the part played by HTMUI in this scenario is to only render the HTML to an image, I assume that it could be used in a webforms application. However, I will confirm this with the HTML UI support engineer and try to provide you with a working sample. Thanks. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>Stephen - >>>> >>>>I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>> >>>>Mark >>>> >>>> >>>>>Hi Mark, >>>>> >>>>>Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link >>>>> >>>>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 >>>>> >>>>>However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. >>>>> >>>>>Stephen. >>>>> >>>>>>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >>>>>> >>>>>>Thanks >>>>>> >>>>>>>Hi Glenn, >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Best regards, >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Stephen. >>>>>>> >>>>>>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2005 12:49 PM UTC

Bob - I''m still waiting for my sample from Stephen, not sure when it will arrive - repeated requests to tech support tell me to be "patient". Mark >Hi Stephen, > >Did you get a manage to provide a working sample? The situation sounds identical to what I would like to achieve. > >Thanks, >Bob. > >>Hi Mark, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. >> >>Could you please create a Direc-Trac incident with the sample page that you want to be exported to PDF. After investigation into this issue we found out that if the webpages were complex, then there would be a difference in the way HTML gets rendered when saved as PDF using HTMLUI, so we are also considering using MSHTML library to render HTML pages as an addition to using HTMLUI. This would give you an option to perfectly render HTML in case HTMLUI is not able to render the HTML perfectly. We will provide you with a working sample for both options within a week. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Stephen - >>> >>>Any luck with this? If this works as I''d like, I''m looking to make a purchase this week. >>> >>>Thanks, >>> >>>Mark >>> >>> >>>>Hi Mark, >>>> >>>>Since the part played by HTMUI in this scenario is to only render the HTML to an image, I assume that it could be used in a webforms application. However, I will confirm this with the HTML UI support engineer and try to provide you with a working sample. Thanks. >>>> >>>>Best regards, >>>> >>>>Stephen. >>>> >>>>>Stephen - >>>>> >>>>>I looked at the HTML UI info on your website and it says it is not supported by web forms now, so I''m out of luck in converting my HTML to PDFs on my website? >>>>> >>>>>Thanks, >>>>> >>>>>Mark >>>>> >>>>> >>>>>>Hi Mark, >>>>>> >>>>>>Yes, HTML UI has support for style sheets. Please take a look at the following product description link >>>>>> >>>>>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=387 >>>>>> >>>>>>However, the limitation would be the ability of HTMLUI in rendering the webpages. Since its an 1.0 product there might be some problems initially. You can download the trial and test rendering your HTML Pages. You can also contact support if there are problems rendering the HTML correctly. Thanks. >>>>>> >>>>>>Stephen. >>>>>> >>>>>>>Does HTMLUI support style sheets? I have some HTML which I''m capturing from a page which I in turn wish to convert to a PDF (including style sheets and all). >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Thanks >>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Hi Glenn, >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Essential PDF but itself does not have support for HTML but you can use Essential HTMLUI and Essential PDF to achieve what you are looking for. The Essential HTML UI is a HTML rendering engine that can render HTML to an image and this image can then be inserted into PDF. I will provide you with a sample within a day or two. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Best regards, >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Stephen. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>I''m trying to figure out if the pdf control can take a URL, or a chunk of HTML and output the PDF? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Mark/Bob, Sorry for the delay in posting the sample. The delay was since the sample has dependancy on version 3.2 of PDF and HTMLUI. Here is a basic sample, HTMLUI2PDF_311.zip The sample has been hardcoded to open this windows tour file C:\WINDOWS\Help\Tours\htmlTour\default.htm Currently, the performance is slow and we are looking into improving it. Also, we are looking into other options to make the HTML to PDF better. Please post any suggestions that you might have. Also, note that the text in HTML is searchable. Thanks, Stephen.

RP Roderick Prince December 2, 2005 11:16 PM UTC

Has any progress been made on making it possible to create a PDF from a WebForms application? Looking forward to a sample...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2005 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Roderick, Could you please clarify your requirement 1) Do you want to convert an aspx page into PDF? or 2) Generate PDF reports from Webforms applications. Thanks, Ajish. >Has any progress been made on making it possible to create a PDF from a WebForms application? > >Looking forward to a sample...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 06:18 AM UTC

a simple, converting http://www.microsoft.com to a pdf file. could it be posible?

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Nianz, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. Currently we do not have support for this feature. However it is underdevelopment and it will be available in next release, which is planned in a week time frame. Regards, Ajish. >a simple, converting > >http://www.microsoft.com > >to a pdf file. > >could it be posible?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon