We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Print fails when the text is beyond this page

Hi, I have a grid which has 5 columns. Every other row in this grid covers all the columns and can carry any size text. Now when the text flows beyond this page, print/preview is cutting off the overflow text instead of printing it on the next page. How do I check "how much text fits in this page" so I can manually maybe insert another row to take care of the overflow text. Or any other solution you can think off..? Please don''t ask us to upgrade to your latest version since we are at the final stages of this product and upgrading is a high risk at this point.. Thanks!

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2005 08:26 PM UTC

If you have our source code, you can check out the grid\src\extensions\printing\gridprintdocument.cs file and the OnBeginPrint code. It is this method the grid uses to compute the page sizes and what columns/rows that fit on a page. What version are you using? Can you tell us how to see the problem in one of our samples, or can you upload a sample?

MB Madhavi Balusu January 5, 2005 05:53 PM UTC

Hi Clay, I did everything you said, even diffed the files from both the version. Nothing works. One of our developer even upgraded to 3.0 and checked, did not work there either... Here is a sample with the problem. Search in the project for word "Clay", I put a comment there that should explain where overflow is happening. 2 Issues here: 1) The last line is cut off even when the whole row text fits on the same page. 2) The long string you are seeing should print whatever fits in this page and print the reamining in the next page and so on.. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! overflow_273.zip

MB Madhavi Balusu January 6, 2005 01:10 PM UTC

Clay, How is this coming? Any time line on this? Sorry, but we are in a time crunch..

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 03:11 PM UTC

There was a fix in 3.0 that allows pages to continue if there is a cell that is too large for the page. But for this to work, there ''run off'' cell cannot be the last row in the grid. Here is your sample back for 3.0.1.0. This does not work in 2.1.0.9. http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/Uploads/print_problem.zip I changed the sample to use 5900 instead of the 1900 you had. I also automaticaaly added a row to your printgrid so there will always be another row. Now in the sample, I changed the rowcount of the gridcontrol to ne more than two just to make sure that would work as well. But if you change it back to 2, it behaves the same, shwoing the last cell. Now it will not split the too-big cell across tow pages. The information that will not fit is clipped. But it will continue onto the next page in your sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon