We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDI Print/Print Preview

If using GDI to draw text on a grid, the print/print preview functionality does not render on the printer preview/print device context. In the attached sample press the print preview button when using GDI PLUS and the text renders, but if you first press the GDI button and then print preview the text does NOT render. GDI Print Bug_7103.zip Thanks, Steve

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2004 01:44 PM UTC

Thank you for your sample. I can see the problem too. I will forward this onto the grid architect so he can look into getting this fixed. As a work-around until we have a release with this addressed, you can test the grid.PrintingMode in your event handler. if (!blnGDIPlus && !this.gridControl1.PrintingMode)

ST Steve October 17, 2005 10:16 PM UTC

Any update to this issue? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 10:48 PM UTC

No. We still recommend using GDI+ when printing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 03:56 PM UTC

Would using TextRenderer get around this problem and work for the print/preview? >No. We still recommend using GDI+ when printing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 04:12 PM UTC

I do not know what you mean by ''using TextRenderer''.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 04:30 PM UTC

.Net Framework v2.0 has a TextRenderer.DrawText, and I wondered about using that to paint in cells, however it looks like it won''t print either. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171753.aspx -Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 06:46 PM UTC

I think you are correct in that it cannot be used with printing. It sounds like the same support we offer in our GDI drawing class.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon