We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Undo for row/column configuration

Hi, Can you please tell how Undo/Redo for the row and column configuration is achieved? Pratiksha

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2004 12:03 AM UTC

I m not sure what your question is. What kind of grid are you using, GridControl or GriddataBoundGrid? What kind of configufration do you want to undo? What kind of UI are you using to let your user set this confiquation? It is likely you will have to write your own undo/redo custom commands unless the things you are doing happen to be part of the grid''s default undo/redo support. Here is a forum thread that discusses custom undo/redo commands with a sample. http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17487 To download teh sample in that thread use this link: http://64.78.52.104/support/user/uploads/VirtGridCustomUndo_270.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2004 06:47 AM UTC

Hi, I am using GridDataboundgrid control and by configuration i mean shape size position or color changed. I checked below sample in this GridControl it works fine but in GridDataboundGrid this is not the behavior. >I m not sure what your question is. What kind of grid are you using, GridControl or GriddataBoundGrid? > >What kind of configufration do you want to undo? What kind of UI are you using to let your user set this confiquation? > >It is likely you will have to write your own undo/redo custom commands unless the things you are doing happen to be part of the grid''s default undo/redo support. Here is a forum thread that discusses custom undo/redo commands with a sample. http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17487 >To download teh sample in that thread use this link: http://64.78.52.104/support/user/uploads/VirtGridCustomUndo_270.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2004 10:08 AM UTC

>>by configuration i mean shape size position or color changed. I still do not understand. How does your user change the color of something in the grid? I assume you must have added code to allow the user to do this. At that point in your code, you woulds also create a custom undo command and add it into the Command.Undo stack (like what is done in the sample above). You will have to write code that does this as teh grid does not know how you are letting your user change the color of something.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 27, 2004 04:45 AM UTC

Letz say i changed height of my first row and do undo and redo it works properky in the GridControl(sample attached by you) When i try the same thing in DataBoundGRidControl it doesnt work. What extra we need to do for that. >>>by configuration i mean shape size position or color changed. > >I still do not understand. How does your user change the color of something in the grid? > >I assume you must have added code to allow the user to do this. At that point in your code, you woulds also create a custom undo command and add it into the Command.Undo stack (like what is done in the sample above). You will have to write code that does this as teh grid does not know how you are letting your user change the color of something.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 27, 2004 07:50 AM UTC

At the bottom of your Form.Load, you would enable the Command stack by setting: this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.CommandStack.Enabled = true;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2004 07:42 AM UTC

Which method is called when the height or width of the row or column is changed. I want to show tooltip on this change in configuration . >At the bottom of your Form.Load, you would enable the Command stack by setting: > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.CommandStack.Enabled = true; > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2004 08:08 AM UTC

These events are raised: this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidthsChanging this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidthsChanged this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowHeightsChanging this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowHeightsChanged If you want to call a method to set a colwidth or rowheight, you can use: this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths.SetSize this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowHeights.SetSize

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon