We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTime datatype displays as date drop down by default

I have a SQL database and I am binding a grid dynamically to a number of different views/tables. All of the tables have a column called "last_update". This column is a datetime stamp. However the grid control automatically fills the column with a date picker drop down. How do I get this to just be a display of the date time coming from the database (it is not editable anyway). Code Snippet: grid.BeginUpdate(); grid.Text = sTable; dockingManager1.SetDockLabel(grid, sTable); grid.DataSource = dv; grid.Tag = nType.ToString(); grid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Row(0)); grid.Model.ColStyles["last_update"].CellType = "Static"; grid.Model.ColStyles["last_update"].CellValueType = typeof(DateTime); grid.Model.ColStyles["last_update"].Format = "s"; grid.Model.HideCols["id"] = true; grid.EndUpdate();

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 26, 2002 07:38 PM UTC

You can turn off this default behavior by setting this property: grid.Binder.AutoInitCellTypes = False

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon