We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Flooding and Floating

When the contents of a cell overflow into another cell in a virtual grid the grid does not always display the overflow correctly. See the attached example. Press the Fit Cell button multiple times and you will notice that the grid display is inconsistent (i.e does not always show the contents of cell 1,2). Thanks, Steve

3 Replies

ST Steve December 13, 2004 07:20 PM UTC

I can''t seem to currently attach files. I''ll try again later...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2004 02:21 PM UTC

I''ve sent the attachment to this issue to the following email address: support@syncfusion.com. Run the application, press the "value of cell 1,2" button first and then the overflow cell button (notice that that cell does not overflow) and then press the value button again and notice the value is still set to "my text", but should be blank as the screen show. This is a virtual grid in which invalidate is being called each time the cells change. Please Advise. Thanks, Steve

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2004 03:36 PM UTC

In your little sample, I could avoid the problem by calling this.gridControl1.ResetVolatileData(); at the bottom of your button handler. Now in your virtual grid, I am not sure this will be of use to you unless you have access to an event that will tell you when your external datasource empties a cell or something of this nature. I will forward this to Stefan to see if this is something that we can handle.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon