We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Clipboard Exception

I am currently developing a product using the EssentialGrid and am experiencing an error regarding the clipboard, however it only seems to occur on certain machines and only when I try to copy large quantities of information (3000 rows by 13 columns) from the Grid into the clipboard. The affected machines are using EssentialGrid 2.0.5.0, and Windows 2000 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4, and .NET 1.1.4322. P.S. I am also using the Grid in Virtual Mode. The stack trace is as follows: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: The requested clipboard operation failed. at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy) at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelCutPaste.CopyCellsToClipboard(GridRangeInfoList rangeList, Boolean bLoadBaseStyles) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelCutPaste.CopyRange(GridRangeInfoList rangeList) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelCutPaste.Copy() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 07:41 PM UTC

Hi Zubin, can you modify one of our samples or send us your sample project and provoke that error on those machines? The error you describe does not ring any bells on my side what could be wrong. Some ideas: Could it be related to memory available on these machines? Were there maybe other objects already placed on the clipboard before? Do you need style information be pasted? Does it work if you specify this.gridControl1.Model.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags &= ~GridDragDropFlags.Styles; FYI - This is how the actual method looks like where you get the exception: public bool CopyCellsToClipboard(GridRangeInfoList rangeList, bool bLoadBaseStyles) { GridData data; int rowCount, colCount; if (Model.DataExchange.CopyCellsToDataObject(out data, rangeList, bLoadBaseStyles, m_nClipboardFlags, out rowCount, out colCount)) { if (m_dataObject == null) m_dataObject = new DataObject(); m_dataObject.SetData(data); Clipboard.SetDataObject(m_dataObject); return true; } return false; } Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon