We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rotating symbols problem

Hi, I have discovered a problem with the ports after rotating a symbol. The position of the ports are ok but when I link to a rotated symbol the link doesn''t go to the visible port it goes to a coordinate some pixel beside the port. I saw that there was a bug report on a similar problem. I have 2.1.0.9 installed will these problem be solved in 3.0? or is it already solved in 3.0.0.19? When will 3.0 be released? Best Regards Tommy

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 11:24 PM UTC

Hi Tommy Can you upload a small sample or steps to help us reproduce this problem so that we can take a look. Regards Arun

TN Tommy Norman December 13, 2004 08:06 AM UTC

Hi Arun, You can easily reproduce this behaviour in the Diagram Builder sample version 3.0.19 by loading symbols from the "Electrical Symbols" palette. Rotate one or several of them and try then to create a Directed link between the ports on those rotated symbols.When you hover over the port the cursor will not change shape indicating that the ancoring of the port somehow is not found under the port symbol. If you then hover a bit outside from the port symbol you will sooner or later find the ancore point and can then create a link but it will then not go between the two visible port symbols as aspected it will instead be drawn some pixels beside the symbol. I''ll add a couple of pictures showing this fenomen and one of my symbol libraries as well. (Sorry! I can''t attach any file today. The uploadpopup.asp doesn''t come up for some reason. I have tried it on several pc''s which are connected to different internet connections and providers but I still get an empty or hanging upload window on http://64.78.18.34/support/user/uploadpopup.asp?FormName=MessagePostForm&CtrlName=MessageTxtBx Could this be an firewall issue? I hope you can find a fix for this problem soon because I''m now in the stage of producing alot of symbols and want to avoid creating symbols for every orientation 0,90,180 and 270 degree, instead I want to use the cool rotation feature. Best Regards Tommy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2004 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Tommy I have created QA incident 742 on this issue and logged it with the Essential Diagram team. We are in the final stahes of getting the 3.0 release out and the Essential Diagram team will be reviewing all the open QA incidents after the 3.0 version ships. Do not hesitate to update this posting if you have any further questions. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon