We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tab Problem

Hi Clay, When i am using tab to come out from particular cell i am getting following Error i can''t trap it . what will be the cause & how to rectify it. Error Msg: Do not move current position with this method this is very urgent thanx in advance Arun Prasath.

16 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 07:49 AM UTC

Here is an example of how this message might appear. The grid is in the process of moving the current cell (a ''MoveTo process''), and you try to call grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo to start a new MoveTo process of moving the currentcell from within an event like CurrentCellActivating that is part of the MoveTo process. There are some events that you should not call CurrentCell.MoveTo (or CuurentCell.Activate or CurrentCell.Deactivate, etc.). If you want to control where the Currentcell goes, you might try using the QueryNextCurrentCell event. Other things that might help in avoiding this problem is calling CurrentCell.Lock and Unloak around teh statement that is causing the error. You might also try handing CurrentCellMoved and do what you want there. By that time, the current cell moving process hav completed. If you can post a sample project showing this error, maybe we can suggest some way fo doing what you want.

AP Arun Prasath December 13, 2004 06:14 AM UTC

hi, I am using CurrentCellEditingComplete event to calculate some process. Regards Arun Prasath

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2004 06:53 AM UTC

CurrentCellEditingComplete is part of the CurrentCell move process. So, from in that event you cannot do anything that might change the currentcell without first locking the current cell. Did you try that?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 12:14 PM UTC

I Also get the same exception, but i use moveto only in baritem.click event.

CP Christian Pogea August 8, 2005 12:24 PM UTC

this is one of the exceptions: System.InvalidOperationException: Do not move current position with this method! at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.SyncCurrentRecordState(Int32 pos) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid.OnCurrentCellActivated(EventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.RaiseCurrentCellActivated() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.Activate(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options, Boolean discardChanges) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectCellsMouseController.MouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.ProcessMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControllMouseControllerDispatcher.ScrollControlBeforeMouseDown(Object sender, CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d) catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d) in :line 0 this is the other one: System.InvalidOperationException: Do not move current position with this method! at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.SyncCurrentRecordState(Int32 pos) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid.OnCurrentCellActivated(EventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.RaiseCurrentCellActivated() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.Activate(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options, Boolean discardChanges) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.InternalMove(GridDirectionType direction, Int32 num, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectCellsMouseController.GridCurrentCellExternalMove(GridDirectionType direction, Int32 num, Boolean extendSelection) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.Move(GridDirectionType direction, Int32 num, Boolean extendSelection, Boolean wrapCell) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 12:33 PM UTC

At the start of your click handler, try calling this.Validate(); //here this is the form or usercontrol

CP Christian Pogea August 8, 2005 05:35 PM UTC

i get it in another way, too. i have textboxes bound to a dataview and a griddataboundgrid also bound to the same dataview. i push my "new" button. it fires EndCurrentEdit() and AddNew(). i enter some text and push the "new" button. now my datarow moves to somewhere in the grid, because the grid is sorted. if i select the the new datarow in the grid, the wrong datarow is viewed in the textboxes and this exceptin is fired: System.InvalidOperationException: Do not move current position with this method! at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.SyncCurrentRecordState(Int32 pos) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid.OnCurrentCellActivated(EventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.RaiseCurrentCellActivated() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.Activate(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options, Boolean discardChanges) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectCellsMouseController.MouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.ProcessMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControllMouseControllerDispatcher.ScrollControlBeforeMouseDown(Object sender, CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d) catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d) in :line 0

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 05:40 PM UTC

In your new button, try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit and grid.Binder.EndEdit before you call AddNew.

CP Christian Pogea August 9, 2005 09:01 AM UTC

that still doesn''t help

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2005 11:18 AM UTC

If you can upload a sample showing the problem, we can try to debug it here.

CP Christian Pogea August 10, 2005 04:31 PM UTC

push the "Neue Adresse" Button, enter "abcdefg" at "Name" and push the "Neue Adresse" Button. now try to select your new record. after 1 or 2 seconds you get the exception.

CP Christian Pogea August 10, 2005 04:51 PM UTC

here is the link. the forum update doesn''t work. http://aisnetwork.de/transfer/testGridBugAdressen.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 04:59 PM UTC

I am getting a page cannot be displayed error when I try to hit your link. You can email the zip file to support@syncfusion.com and mention this thread in the subject line. Also post here that you sent it and I will get it.

CP Christian Pogea August 11, 2005 08:11 AM UTC

i send it to you right now.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2005 09:00 AM UTC

What version are you using? I do not see the exception in the latest code base. I click the new button, type abcdef in the top textbox, click the new button again, and then click abcdef in the grid. This is when I should see the exceptions, correct?

CP Christian Pogea August 11, 2005 08:03 PM UTC

that''s right. i''m using 3.201.1.0

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon