We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

circular calculation

Hi, I made a component so I can use the calculator (quickcalc) from a COM component. But from where I am, I don''t have access to the help file of the calculator. It would be great to be able to download only the PDF or chm elp file of a component. My quesion is, is there a way to detect a circular calculation? because when I do this, I get no error and I get false answer: Dim g As New CalculatorVC.CalcQuickVC g("a") = "=[b]+[c]" g("c") = "=[a]" g("b") = "5" MsgBox g("a") & vbCrLf & g("b") & vbCrLf & g("c") Result: a=250, b=5 and c=245 Where did it get the 250 and 245. It''s from a circular calculation, but no way to detect it. Thank you.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2004 10:44 AM UTC

The reason you see the values you see is that there is circular calculation limit that lets such calculations proceed a certain number of interations (the default is 100) before just returning the currently held value. Our code base has been modified so that instead of CalcQuick just returning a value, it will optionally throw an exception that you could catch. This functionailty will be in the release version currently scheduled for Dec 16.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon