We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Active Row Indicator

Hi, I would like to be able to set up the grid so that in the first column of the grid a small triangle is shown if the currently selected cell is on that row. Excel does a similar thing but highlight the first column when a cell is selected on that row. I have "allow selection" set to none. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 08:37 AM UTC

Actually, I think Excel colors the headers instead of showing an icon. But you can do either, coloring is a simpler as you do not have to manage an icon and draw it. You can use these events to handle colring teh current header row/col.
private void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if((e.ColIndex == 0 && e.RowIndex == this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.RowIndex)
		|| (e.RowIndex == 0 && e.ColIndex == this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.ColIndex))
	{
		e.Style.BackColor = Color.Orange;
		e.Style.Themed = false; //so color works on themed headers
	}
}
private void gridControl1_CurrentCellMoved(object sender, GridCurrentCellMovedEventArgs e)
{
	this.gridControl1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Col(0));
	this.gridControl1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(0));
}
If you want to use an icon, instead of PrepareViewStyleInfo, you can handle the CellDrawn event. There if it is a current row header, draw your icon. You would still need the CurrentCellMoved event to force the headers to be redrawn.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon