We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

swaping header rows (frozen)

hi i am stilling using .net 1.1 and syncfusion 1.6.1.5 :( but i need this..in a Grid Data Bound Grid can i swap two header rows, i saw some samples regarding swaping columns or dragged columns.. pls provide me some direction.. thanks Sahridhayan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2004 07:02 AM UTC

Do you just want 1) to display the headers in a different order, or 2)let your users drag the header rows to move them among the headers - not among all rows, or 3) let your users drag them anywhere in the grid? 3 would be the most difficult to do as youwould have to handle displaying the entire grid in a virtual manner, tracking what record in your datasource needs to be displayed in what grid row. This is probably doable, but would take some effort. To do (1) I think you can use the grid.Model.QueryCellInfo event. There, explicitly set e.Style (meaning e.Style.Text and other style properties you want to have set) for each header row, 0,.., grid.Model.Rows.HeaderCount. To do (2), you would again use QueryCellInfo to set the appropriate e.Style properties depending on the row number. To let you users drag headers around, you could handle the drag yourself. Here is a forum link that shows how to drag a column around just by mousing down on it (not having to select it initially as the default column-dragging behavior requires). http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9676

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon