We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid selection options.

I would like to have a grid displayed which allows following: 1. Row headers are displayed. 2. Columns can be selected and dragged. 3. Multi rows can be selected. 4. Rows can be selected by clicking on any cell in the row. So far I can only achive first three items at the same time applying following settings: DataGrid.AllowDragSelectedCols = true; DataGrid.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.None; DataGrid.Properties.RowHeaders = true; With these setting in place I can only select the row by clicking on the row header. This is confusing to my customers. Can I define the grid which has a selectable and dragable columns and in the same time allows me to select the rows by clicking on any cell. If not is this being addressed.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2004 04:00 PM UTC

Take a look at this sample. \Grid\Samples\Quick Start\HighlightCurrentRow It shows an alternative to using ListBoxSelectionMode to allowing a row to be selected clicking on any cell. A differernt solution is to keep the ListBoxSelectionMode setting, but to explicitly select the column when the user clicks it. This would then allow the user to drag the selected column. Here is a link to a forum thread discussing this option. http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=16321

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon