We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager boundaries not expanding with form size

In the designer, on a form I''ve been developing for four months that is managed by DockingManager, when all the docked controls are floating, there is a thin horizontal grey line visible that appears to mark the boundary of the space managed by docking manager. When I increase the size of the form in the designer, this space is not incrasing to fill the increased space of the form. The controls remain docked against this line, leaving a margin along the edge of blank form sapce. Second, the line seems to change, sometimes it has been at the top of the form and sometimes at the bottom. I didn''t remember To test this, I created a new form, added DockingManager and four panels. On the new form, if I tear of the panels so they are floating, there are no visbile horizontal lines. When I load the form, the boundary seems to go away, except that all the controls move up and leave a large piece of unfilled space at the bottom of the form. With the DocktoFill bug in the manager, it is a bit painful in docking land. So, my question is how can I fix this apparently arbitrary restriction on my form space? Thanks, Kenton

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2004 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Kenton, Sorry for the delay in responding. 1) Could you please post a screenshot of the Horizontal likes that you are seeing. 2) The DockToFill issues have been addressed in this release[3.0.0.19]. Please take a look at it and let me know if you still see the issues in this version also. http://64.78.18.34/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=21967 Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. > >In the designer, on a form I''ve been developing for four months that is managed by DockingManager, when all the docked controls are floating, there is a thin horizontal grey line visible that appears to mark the boundary of the space managed by docking manager. When I increase the size of the form in the designer, this space is not incrasing to fill the increased space of the form. The controls remain docked against this line, leaving a margin along the edge of blank form sapce. > >Second, the line seems to change, sometimes it has been at the top of the form and sometimes at the bottom. I didn''t remember > >To test this, I created a new form, added DockingManager and four panels. On the new form, if I tear of the panels so they are floating, there are no visbile horizontal lines. > >When I load the form, the boundary seems to go away, except that all the controls move up and leave a large piece of unfilled space at the bottom of the form. With the DocktoFill bug in the manager, it is a bit painful in docking land. > >So, my question is how can I fix this apparently arbitrary restriction on my form space? > >Thanks, >Kenton

MA Maritha December 6, 2004 12:44 PM UTC

I have the same problem with panels, I have a control that I want to doc and used the Standard windows panel for docking and had to rebuild the window to get rid of the lines. > >In the designer, on a form I''ve been developing for four months that is managed by DockingManager, when all the docked controls are floating, there is a thin horizontal grey line visible that appears to mark the boundary of the space managed by docking manager. When I increase the size of the form in the designer, this space is not incrasing to fill the increased space of the form. The controls remain docked against this line, leaving a margin along the edge of blank form sapce. > >Second, the line seems to change, sometimes it has been at the top of the form and sometimes at the bottom. I didn''t remember > >To test this, I created a new form, added DockingManager and four panels. On the new form, if I tear of the panels so they are floating, there are no visbile horizontal lines. > >When I load the form, the boundary seems to go away, except that all the controls move up and leave a large piece of unfilled space at the bottom of the form. With the DocktoFill bug in the manager, it is a bit painful in docking land. > >So, my question is how can I fix this apparently arbitrary restriction on my form space? > >Thanks, >Kenton

DS Daechul Sohn January 3, 2005 01:31 AM UTC

I am experiencing the same problem, but only on my laptop that has 1920 x 1200 resolution. The line appears at the top, and it looks like there is an invisible toolbar that is taking up space. Once I resize one of panels docked on the left, the line goes away.

TF Todd Fletcher January 7, 2005 03:15 AM UTC

I had the same issue. I simply added a sub routine that changed the mdi form''s width by 1 and then back again in the next line whenever the panels where moved. I think it causes a redraw of the form and all the lines and regen strangeness go away.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon