We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

programatic way to filter in grid control (databound and grid)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

21706 Nov 17,2004 06:58 PM UTC Nov 17,2004 08:01 PM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Randy Furtado
Asked On November 17, 2004 06:58 PM UTC

hi. i''m looking for a sample or description of how i can affect filtering on a grid programatically. what i have is a master data set from which i am building multiple grid views. i have a SQL like wizard that allows the user to customize the view at which point i will build the grid behind the scenes. user example: select col1, col2, col3 where col4 > 0 and col5 = ''ABC'' group by col1 here i want to instantiate a grouping grid hide/unhide certain columns, group by and filter programatically. thanks-

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 17, 2004 08:01 PM UTC

There is no grouping functionality n our GridDataBoundGrid. If you need grouping, you should use the GridGroupingControl. To group by a "State" column, use code like this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("State"); To see only certain columns, add only those columns to the Columns collections. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.Add("State"); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.Add("City"); To filter, use code like: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("City", FilterCompareOperator.Like, "B*");

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;