We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Calculate error manager

Could it has an option TRUE/FALSE so that we can choose if errors will throw an exception (false mode) or the error message would be the formula result (true mode)? It would be very usefull when using component via a COM interop.

5 Replies

MT Michel T Dallaire November 16, 2004 03:12 PM UTC

I forgot to say it''s in the CalcQuick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 16, 2004 04:21 PM UTC

We will add support for something of this nature. There is actually a CalcEngine.RetrowParseExceptions property, but there is no implementation yet.

MT Michel T Dallaire November 16, 2004 05:07 PM UTC

ok. I have no need for all the functions of the calcengine, except for the add/remove formulas. do you think it would be hard to implement to add new formulas in the CalcQuick? It''s because we use it in automated scripts which are not grid and with no visual features.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 16, 2004 05:12 PM UTC

If you derive the CalcQuick class, you can then access the protected Engine member. This gives you access to the CalcEngine object, and from there, you can add/remove functions as you see fit.

MT Michel T Dallaire November 16, 2004 07:05 PM UTC

I tried it, and it works!!!!! Awesome! Hey guys! I was waiting for a component like that since more than 2 years. All the other I found, tried and paid were not coming near yours. Good work.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon