We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupDropArea Caption

I am having trouble changing the label that shows up in the GridGroupDropArea. I am setting the datasource at runtime. It is left at DEFAULT at designtime because the datasource is an object based on IBindingList, nothing exists at designtime. At runtime the caption defaults to the name of the collection (ModelCollection) and I have not been able to find a way to change it. The obvious choice seems to be .TableDescriptor.Name but changing it in the program doesn''t have any effect on the caption.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 05:12 PM UTC

Currently there is no property setting to handle this. But you can change it in a PrepareViewStyleInfo event handler. You can check this thread for a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=19661

DE Dave Erwin November 8, 2004 06:36 PM UTC

Thanks, that did the trick. It''s a little breakable though, is a property for this in the works someday? PS. I did search through the forum looking for the answer, just didn''t hit the right phrase. I''ve found most of my answers here without having to ask a question.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 07:23 PM UTC

Yes, we do have plans to make this easier, but this change did not make the upcoming 3.0 release.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon