We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupDropArea Caption

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

21359 Nov 8,2004 11:49 AM Nov 8,2004 02:23 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Dave Erwin
Asked On November 8, 2004 11:49 AM

I am having trouble changing the label that shows up in the GridGroupDropArea. I am setting the datasource at runtime. It is left at DEFAULT at designtime because the datasource is an object based on IBindingList, nothing exists at designtime. At runtime the caption defaults to the name of the collection (ModelCollection) and I have not been able to find a way to change it. The obvious choice seems to be .TableDescriptor.Name but changing it in the program doesn''t have any effect on the caption.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 8, 2004 12:12 PM

Currently there is no property setting to handle this. But you can change it in a PrepareViewStyleInfo event handler. You can check this thread for a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=19661

Dave Erwin
Replied On November 8, 2004 01:36 PM

Thanks, that did the trick. It''s a little breakable though, is a property for this in the works someday? PS. I did search through the forum looking for the answer, just didn''t hit the right phrase. I''ve found most of my answers here without having to ask a question.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 8, 2004 02:23 PM

Yes, we do have plans to make this easier, but this change did not make the upcoming 3.0 release.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;