We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag + Drop

I''d like to be able to select arbitrary regions from the grid, and drag them into Excel. Unfortunately, once a selected range is defined, then clicking into it (Mouse DOWN), to start the drag operation destroys the selected range. I''d like to selected range to be set to the clicked cell on mouse UP events, not mouse DOWN events. How can I do drag+drop with this grid? Thanks, d.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 10:43 PM UTC

To catch the mousedown in this situation, you need to use your own mousecontroller. In the controller, have the OnHitTest return nonzero when you want control of the mouse actions. Here is a little sample that allows you to drag text from a GroupingGrid to, say, Excel. GGC_DnD_2151.zip

DM Dominic Morris November 9, 2004 12:44 PM UTC

Very good! Thank you, that works well, although I took out the Cursor related code; it seemed to be bugged. >To catch the mousedown in this situation, you need to use your own mousecontroller. In the controller, have the OnHitTest return nonzero when you want control of the mouse actions. > >Here is a little sample that allows you to drag text from a GroupingGrid to, say, Excel. > >GGC_DnD_2151.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon