We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

General Grid Design Choice

I have a new project starting that requires very specific grid functionality and I''m not sure which Syncfusion grid to use. I’ve been using the GridDataBoundGrid for several months on a previous project, but I’m not sure if it’s the best choice for this one. Here is what I need: The column names of my grid will be a variable amount of weeks. The row headers will be a variable amount of buggy whip names. For each buggy whip row there is data for each week. The intersection contains a group of cells containing data for that week (price, available inventory, sold inventory, …) I have checkboxes above the grid that hide / show the individual data cells. The individual data cells are have a specific background color. I’m accomplishing the above with a GridDataBoundGrid by formatting my DataTable and using the PrepareViewStyleInfo event. But I also need a total section in the grid that totals all the buggy whips for the week column. The rows names would be price, available inventory, sold inventory … The values would sum the individual cells from above. I would also like to group the individual data cells with some type of border. So which grid should I go with? I’m dealing with a lot of data, and I also need to format area of my grid differently than other areas. Thank you for reading this and I greatly appreciate any general suggestions. Steve

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2004 03:48 PM UTC

There are a couple of pluses for using a GridDataBoundGrid. One is that you are familiar with it, and you have already done some of teh layout work. The other is that the data is in a DaatTable and using the GridDataBoundGrid makes that simple to bind. So, on to the problems. Having summary rows directly in teh GridDatBoundGrid will be problematic. One solution is to put a GridControl into the GridDataBoundGrid''s clientarea. Then you can just use teh GridDataBoundGrid as you are now, and use teh GridControl to provide summary information. Here is a KB link showing how you could do this. It only add''s one summary row, but you could extend the idea to several rows I think. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10398

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon