We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Symbol cloning and CenterPort location

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

21185 Nov 3,2004 10:25 PM Nov 4,2004 08:57 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Diagram
Truman Lackey
Asked On November 3, 2004 10:25 PM

I am trying to clone a symbol and add it to a diagram. The node is getting added to the diagram ok but the centerport location of the cloned symbol is set to 0,0 so when I try to link to it the link is coming from 0,0 on the diagram not the centerport of the symbol. Example program attached that copies nodes from one diagram to another and then a button that activates the link tool. WindowsApplication2_2769.zip Is there a work around or a better way to do this? Thanks Truman

Truman Lackey
Replied On November 4, 2004 08:57 AM

I found my answer for any that have a similar problem. The CenterPort parent needs to be set to the node. So i have newNode = node.Clone() newNode.CenterPort.Parent = newNode This fixes the CenterPort of having a location of 0,0.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;