We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Menu hotkeys not working with XPMenus

Hi. I''ve built an app using XPMenus, a TabbedMDIManager, a DockingManager and a GridControl. In general, everything works fine, with one exception: A while ago the menu accelerators stopped working, and I can''t figure out what I changed to trigger that. In my app, the focus is usually in the GridControl. If I click, say, Alt+W to invoke the &Window menu, nothing happens other than a "ding". Oddly, if I press AND LET GO OF the Alt key, then the XPMenu DOES get the focus - I can then press W to drop down the &Window menu. But users probably won''t think of doing it that way. My GridControl shares its MDI Form with a Panel, and the Panel does have one hotkey of its own. That hotkey works as expected. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom

8 Replies

TJ TJ November 2, 2004 02:01 PM UTC

Forgot to mention: I''m using version 2.0.5.1, and upgrading right now isn''t an option. Thanks, Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2004 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Tom, I am afraid, this information is not sufficient to determine the cause for this behavior. Please refer to the test sample attached here. Can you see this behavior in this sample on your machine ? If not, could you please modify it to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could further investigate this issue ? A test sample is very helpful in this scenario since it is almost impossible fix something without a sample to recreate it. Also, v2.0.5.1 is over six months old, and several bug fixes/enhancements have been performed on the XPMenus and the docking windows framework since then. Therefore we strongly recommend you to upgrade to v2.1.0.9. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2004 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Tom, The test sample was not uploaded correctly in my previous update. Sorry about that. I have re-attached it here. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TJ TJ November 3, 2004 02:44 PM UTC

Hi, Guru. I tried the sample app you provided, and made two small changes: 1) Converted it to .NET 1.1 2) Added IsMainMenu to the toolbar''s BarStyle. With those changes, it exhibits the same behavior I''m seeing in my app. That is, Alt+W doesn''t activate the menu item (whether the focus is in the GridControl or the Panel), whereas pressing and releasing Alt does activate it. I''m sure 2.1.0.9 is a compelling upgrade, but at the moment we''re quite close to releasing our product, so I''m reluctant to upgrade if I don''t need to. However, if it fixes this issue, I might... Thanks for your help, Tom

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 5, 2004 09:25 PM UTC

Hi Tom, Thanks for the update. I was able to see the above mentioned issue in my sample, and I am afraid, this error exists in v2.1.0.9. However, I have notified the development team about the same, we have logged a QA report#668 in this regard. We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest and include the fixes in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2004 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Tom, This issue has been taken care of internally, and the fixes are expected to be incorporated in the v3.0 final release. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2004 08:42 PM UTC

Is this the same issue we are seeing with the XP Toolbar shortcuts not firing when shortcuts are assigned to buttons? Thanks, Jurgen >Hi Tom, > >This issue has been taken care of internally, and the fixes are expected to be incorporated in the v3.0 final release. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 11:06 PM UTC

Hi Jurgen, This problem discussed in this thread is not the same as the XPToolBar Shortcut issue. But we have an open QA report# 708 in this regard, and we will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon