We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

theme''ed docking caption and SaveDockState

i''m currently evaluating the docking framework for use within excel. first thing i found out that when i set the docking managers ThemesEnabled property to true the caption of docked windows are not drawn at all. the buttons for autohide and close are present and work but they are invisible. second, it seems that saving the dockstate doesn''t work. the only item appearing in the registry or file is the ApplicationVersion. there is a good chance that this is due to our integration into excel but since i have only the eval of your suite i cannot verify where the problem is. is it possible to get some extended diagnostic output that might help determine the origin of the problems?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Guido, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Suite. Could you please provide a sample so that we can investigate into this issue. You can create a Direc-Trac incident to upload the sample if you prefer not to upload it on the public forums.Thanks for your help. Best regards, Stephen. >i''m currently evaluating the docking framework for use within excel. >first thing i found out that when i set the docking managers ThemesEnabled property to true the caption of docked windows are not drawn at all. the buttons for autohide and close are present and work but they are invisible. > >second, it seems that saving the dockstate doesn''t work. the only item appearing in the registry or file is the ApplicationVersion. > >there is a good chance that this is due to our integration into excel but since i have only the eval of your suite i cannot verify where the problem is. >is it possible to get some extended diagnostic output that might help determine the origin of the problems?

GB Guido Bücker October 28, 2004 10:05 AM UTC

first thanks for the quick reply :-o) unfortunately providing a sample isn''t that easy. excel does not provide an official interface to add custom windows. thus we had to do an all but simple integration. seperating that part of code would cost me at least a day and i have only three for this first eval. i hoped that you have some kind of logging somewhere that could give me some hints. >Hi Guido, > >Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Suite. > >Could you please provide a sample so that we can investigate into this issue. You can create a Direc-Trac incident to upload the sample if you prefer not to upload it on the public forums.Thanks for your help. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>i''m currently evaluating the docking framework for use within excel. >>first thing i found out that when i set the docking managers ThemesEnabled property to true the caption of docked windows are not drawn at all. the buttons for autohide and close are present and work but they are invisible. >> >>second, it seems that saving the dockstate doesn''t work. the only item appearing in the registry or file is the ApplicationVersion. >> >>there is a good chance that this is due to our integration into excel but since i have only the eval of your suite i cannot verify where the problem is. >>is it possible to get some extended diagnostic output that might help determine the origin of the problems?

GB Guido Bücker October 28, 2004 11:09 AM UTC

i think i got the SaveDockState() issue solved. it seems that due to excel as the hosting application the actual writing of values to the storage medium was not triggered. a simple call to AppStateSerializer.PersistNow() did the trick. >first thanks for the quick reply :-o) >unfortunately providing a sample isn''t that easy. excel does not provide an official interface to add custom windows. thus we had to do an all but simple integration. seperating that part of code would cost me at least a day and i have only three for this first eval. i hoped that you have some kind of logging somewhere that could give me some hints. > >>Hi Guido, >> >>Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Suite. >> >>Could you please provide a sample so that we can investigate into this issue. You can create a Direc-Trac incident to upload the sample if you prefer not to upload it on the public forums.Thanks for your help. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>i''m currently evaluating the docking framework for use within excel. >>>first thing i found out that when i set the docking managers ThemesEnabled property to true the caption of docked windows are not drawn at all. the buttons for autohide and close are present and work but they are invisible. >>> >>>second, it seems that saving the dockstate doesn''t work. the only item appearing in the registry or file is the ApplicationVersion. >>> >>>there is a good chance that this is due to our integration into excel but since i have only the eval of your suite i cannot verify where the problem is. >>>is it possible to get some extended diagnostic output that might help determine the origin of the problems?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon