We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange crashes in docking manager

We are getting strange crashes in the docking manager. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.set_DHCInFocus(DockHostController value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Here is another log: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.set_DHCInFocus(DockHostController value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.dhclient_GotFocus(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnGotFocus(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetFocus(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WmSetFocus(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WmSetFocus(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) It is hard to replicate but seems to happen during our main form''s open and closing. Has anyone else seen issues like this?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Justin, This was an issue that was reported by customers who had installed Version 1.1 SP 1. We have already addressed this issue internally and the fix will be part of the next release. Please confirm if this is the case , if not we will further investigate into this issue. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >We are getting strange crashes in the docking manager. > >Object reference not set to an instance of an object. > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.set_DHCInFocus(DockHostController value) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) > >Here is another log: >Object reference not set to an instance of an object. > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.set_DHCInFocus(DockHostController value) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.dhclient_GotFocus(Object sender, EventArgs e) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnGotFocus(EventArgs e) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetFocus(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WmSetFocus(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WmSetFocus(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) > >It is hard to replicate but seems to happen during our main form''s open and closing. Has anyone else seen issues like this?

KH Kenton Hensley November 23, 2004 01:12 AM UTC

I get this issue with version 1.1.4322.573 of the framew9ork and SFS 2.1.0.9 framework. In my app, it is reproducible quite simply: 1) Start the app 2) Exit immediately Result the error provided below occurs - you have to click "Quit" on the system exception handler message box three times. 1) Start the app 2) Click on any docking manager tab 3) Exit Result: No error. Imapact: That nature of may app. makes this only an annoyance to the end user - I have no cleanup code that fails to run because of it, a circumstance that might make this critical to others. However, it is fairly frequent because a good proportion of the users only require the functionality on the initially displayed tabs - they don''t click anywhere else. What I''ve tried: 1.) Dockingmnager.ActivateControl. 2) In this case they are panel controls and using the Select() methods doesnt work either. I''ve thought I might have a workaround if I simulate a click for them in the Closing event. Any other ideas, short of version 3.0?. Thanks, Kenton System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.OnThreadException(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AppMainFormWnd.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) at StoreInventory.Main.Main() in D:\Data\Projects\MBCR\StoreInventory\4.Develop\SolutionV2\StoreInventory\Main.vb:line 12 INFO [3100] (Main:26) - **** APPLICATION END ****

KH Kenton Hensley November 23, 2004 01:45 PM UTC

Clearly, from the exeption I posted, this is not the precisely same issue, as the exception does not orginate in docking manager. However, the stesp to reproduce it still hold.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2004 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Kenton, This issue can usually be worked around by explicitly disposing the docking manager in the form closing eventhandler. private void Form1_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager1.Controls; ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); while(ienum.MoveNext()) dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) { this .dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(ctrl, false); ctrl.Dispose(); } this.dockingManager1.Dispose(); } Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >I get this issue with version 1.1.4322.573 of the framew9ork and SFS 2.1.0.9 framework. > >In my app, it is reproducible quite simply: >1) Start the app >2) Exit immediately >Result the error provided below occurs - you have to click "Quit" on the system exception handler message box three times. > >1) Start the app >2) Click on any docking manager tab >3) Exit >Result: No error. > >Imapact: That nature of may app. makes this only an annoyance to the end user - I have no cleanup code that fails to run because of it, a circumstance that might make this critical to others. However, it is fairly frequent because a good proportion of the users only require the functionality on the initially displayed tabs - they don''t click anywhere else. > >What I''ve tried: >1.) Dockingmnager.ActivateControl. >2) In this case they are panel controls and using the Select() methods doesnt work either. > >I''ve thought I might have a workaround if I simulate a click for them in the Closing event. >Any other ideas, short of version 3.0?. > >Thanks, >Kenton > > >System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. > at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) > at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) > at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) > at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() > at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) > at System.Windows.Forms.Application.OnThreadException(Exception t) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AppMainFormWnd.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) > at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) > at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) > at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) > at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) > at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) > at StoreInventory.Main.Main() in D:\Data\Projects\MBCR\StoreInventory\4.Develop\SolutionV2\StoreInventory\Main.vb:line 12 > INFO [3100] (Main:26) - **** APPLICATION END ****

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2004 05:42 PM UTC

This is still an issue with 3.0.1.0 Your workaround fixes the issue but you would think SF would have addressed this. >Hi Kenton, > >This issue can usually be worked around by explicitly disposing the docking manager in the form closing eventhandler. > >private void Form1_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) >{ >IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager1.Controls; >ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); > >while(ienum.MoveNext()) >dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); > >foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) >{ >this .dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(ctrl, false); >ctrl.Dispose(); >} > >this.dockingManager1.Dispose(); >} > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>I get this issue with version 1.1.4322.573 of the framew9ork and SFS 2.1.0.9 framework. >> >>In my app, it is reproducible quite simply: >>1) Start the app >>2) Exit immediately >>Result the error provided below occurs - you have to click "Quit" on the system exception handler message box three times. >> >>1) Start the app >>2) Click on any docking manager tab >>3) Exit >>Result: No error. >> >>Imapact: That nature of may app. makes this only an annoyance to the end user - I have no cleanup code that fails to run because of it, a circumstance that might make this critical to others. However, it is fairly frequent because a good proportion of the users only require the functionality on the initially displayed tabs - they don''t click anywhere else. >> >>What I''ve tried: >>1.) Dockingmnager.ActivateControl. >>2) In this case they are panel controls and using the Select() methods doesnt work either. >> >>I''ve thought I might have a workaround if I simulate a click for them in the Closing event. >>Any other ideas, short of version 3.0?. >> >>Thanks, >>Kenton >> >> >>System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. >> at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() >> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.OnThreadException(Exception t) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) >> at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) >> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) >> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) >> at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AppMainFormWnd.WndProc(Message& m) >> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >> at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) >> at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) >> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) >> at StoreInventory.Main.Main() in D:\Data\Projects\MBCR\StoreInventory\4.Develop\SolutionV2\StoreInventory\Main.vb:line 12 >> INFO [3100] (Main:26) - **** APPLICATION END ****

MW Martin Webrant December 29, 2004 12:50 PM UTC

Yup... >This is still an issue with 3.0.1.0 >Your workaround fixes the issue but you would think SF would have addressed this. > >>Hi Kenton, >> >>This issue can usually be worked around by explicitly disposing the docking manager in the form closing eventhandler. >> >>private void Form1_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) >>{ >>IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager1.Controls; >>ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); >> >>while(ienum.MoveNext()) >>dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); >> >>foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) >>{ >>this .dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(ctrl, false); >>ctrl.Dispose(); >>} >> >>this.dockingManager1.Dispose(); >>} >> >>Please let me know if you have any questions. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I get this issue with version 1.1.4322.573 of the framew9ork and SFS 2.1.0.9 framework. >>> >>>In my app, it is reproducible quite simply: >>>1) Start the app >>>2) Exit immediately >>>Result the error provided below occurs - you have to click "Quit" on the system exception handler message box three times. >>> >>>1) Start the app >>>2) Click on any docking manager tab >>>3) Exit >>>Result: No error. >>> >>>Imapact: That nature of may app. makes this only an annoyance to the end user - I have no cleanup code that fails to run because of it, a circumstance that might make this critical to others. However, it is fairly frequent because a good proportion of the users only require the functionality on the initially displayed tabs - they don''t click anywhere else. >>> >>>What I''ve tried: >>>1.) Dockingmnager.ActivateControl. >>>2) In this case they are panel controls and using the Select() methods doesnt work either. >>> >>>I''ve thought I might have a workaround if I simulate a click for them in the Closing event. >>>Any other ideas, short of version 3.0?. >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Kenton >>> >>> >>>System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. >>> at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() >>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.OnThreadException(Exception t) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) >>> at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AppMainFormWnd.WndProc(Message& m) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >>> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) >>> at StoreInventory.Main.Main() in D:\Data\Projects\MBCR\StoreInventory\4.Develop\SolutionV2\StoreInventory\Main.vb:line 12 >>> INFO [3100] (Main:26) - **** APPLICATION END ****

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2005 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Martin, I remember this issue being addressed before 3.0.1.0. I ll look into it and try to get it resolved for the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Yup... > >>This is still an issue with 3.0.1.0 >>Your workaround fixes the issue but you would think SF would have addressed this. >> >>>Hi Kenton, >>> >>>This issue can usually be worked around by explicitly disposing the docking manager in the form closing eventhandler. >>> >>>private void Form1_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) >>>{ >>>IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager1.Controls; >>>ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); >>> >>>while(ienum.MoveNext()) >>>dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); >>> >>>foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) >>>{ >>>this .dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(ctrl, false); >>>ctrl.Dispose(); >>>} >>> >>>this.dockingManager1.Dispose(); >>>} >>> >>>Please let me know if you have any questions. >>> >>>Thanks, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>I get this issue with version 1.1.4322.573 of the framew9ork and SFS 2.1.0.9 framework. >>>> >>>>In my app, it is reproducible quite simply: >>>>1) Start the app >>>>2) Exit immediately >>>>Result the error provided below occurs - you have to click "Quit" on the system exception handler message box three times. >>>> >>>>1) Start the app >>>>2) Click on any docking manager tab >>>>3) Exit >>>>Result: No error. >>>> >>>>Imapact: That nature of may app. makes this only an annoyance to the end user - I have no cleanup code that fails to run because of it, a circumstance that might make this critical to others. However, it is fairly frequent because a good proportion of the users only require the functionality on the initially displayed tabs - they don''t click anywhere else. >>>> >>>>What I''ve tried: >>>>1.) Dockingmnager.ActivateControl. >>>>2) In this case they are panel controls and using the Select() methods doesnt work either. >>>> >>>>I''ve thought I might have a workaround if I simulate a click for them in the Closing event. >>>>Any other ideas, short of version 3.0?. >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>>Kenton >>>> >>>> >>>>System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception. >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.OnThreadException(Exception t) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) >>>> at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AppMainFormWnd.WndProc(Message& m) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) >>>> at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) >>>> at StoreInventory.Main.Main() in D:\Data\Projects\MBCR\StoreInventory\4.Develop\SolutionV2\StoreInventory\Main.vb:line 12 >>>> INFO [3100] (Main:26) - **** APPLICATION END ****

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon