We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Insert GridControl rows/cols in Designer?

Can I insert GridControl rows/cols in the .NET designer? I am designing a complicated layout, well suited to the GridControl. But, how do I go back and add a new row (not in code, but in the Designer) such that all cell formatting/text moves down/over? When in "Interactive-Mode", right-click cut/copy/paste will paste the entire GridControl in the Designer, not the selected cells. Also tried exporting to a .egt file, but that format is too complicated to easily edit and add a row.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2004 05:46 PM UTC

Currently, there is no facility to insert rows/columns with the designer except to change RowCount/ColCount which adds the row/col to the bottom or right. But if you enable AllowDragSelectCols and are in Interactive Mode, then you can drag columns (and similarly rows) around. This way you could try to move a column added on the right to a position in the middle of the grid.

JW Joe Wells October 26, 2004 07:57 PM UTC

Thanks, Clay. You rock. Couldn''t get nearly as much from this toolkit without your responses, samples, and workarounds.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon