We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Printing with resizing on multi pages

Hi, I have a grouped datagrid and I want to print it. I took a look at the GridPrintToFitDocument sample and it works great except for one little disadvantage. It resizes the whole grid. So it also resizes the rows. Problem is that the grid will be so small, you can''t read the data anymore. Is there a quick way to resize the grid so that the columns will fit on one page, but the rows are spread on serveral pages. Thanks a lot, Tom

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2004 06:44 AM UTC

I do not know of a simple way to do this. One option you could try is to zoom out the grid so all the columns fit in one page width, and then print this zoomed grid. We do not have direct support for zooming yet, but here is a forum thread with a sample of how you might try to do it yourself. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=6367

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2004 09:35 AM UTC

Does this also work for a grouping grid? I have implemented it but when I zoom out, the datagrid collapses. So only my headers will be printed. I tried this statement: Me..Table.ExpandAllRecords() but that doesn''t work. Please advise, Thanks a lot,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2004 10:56 AM UTC

You are using grouping, right? Try calling Me.gridGroupingControl1.Table.ExpandAllGroups()

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon