We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bar Item - Open file

I would like to have a menu item open a document in whatever editor windows has set for it. When I click on a BarItem, I have a file path I want to give it and it open the file in the default editor. Do the syncfusion controls have a parameter or something I can pass it to allow me to do so?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2004 06:30 PM UTC

Hi Josh, I am not sure if I understand your requirements correctly. I assume that you would like to open files in windows by giving the path. You can do that by 1) Getting the path using the OpenFileDialog. 2) Open the file System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Path"); This will open the file using the application that is registered with windows. Best regards, Stephen. >I would like to have a menu item open a document in whatever editor windows has set for it. When I click on a BarItem, I have a file path I want to give it and it open the file in the default editor. Do the syncfusion controls have a parameter or something I can pass it to allow me to do so?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon