We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Bold active tab in docking manager.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

20527 Oct 20,2004 01:53 PM UTC Oct 28,2004 08:56 AM UTC WinForms 4
Tags: Tools
Ronda
Asked On October 20, 2004 01:53 PM UTC

Is there a way to make the text of the docking manager''s active tab bold?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 22, 2004 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Ronda, The custom caption rendering feature of the Docking Manager is supported through the ProvideGraphicsItems event as ahown in the code snippet below : private void dockingManager1_ProvideGraphicsItems(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProvideGraphicsItemsEventArgs arg) { // check if the control is active if (arg.Control.Focused == true) { arg.CaptionFont = new Font("Courier",11,FontStyle.Bold); } } Please take a look at this KB also. Thanks, Stephen. >Is there a way to make the text of the docking manager''s active tab bold?

Ronda
Replied On October 26, 2004 05:31 PM UTC

Thanks for the response, but how do I get the event to fire? (see attached sample). Also to be sure, I am trying to change the text on the actual tab not the caption at the top. Will this work for the tab text also? >Hi Ronda, > >The custom caption rendering feature of the Docking Manager is supported through the ProvideGraphicsItems event as ahown in the code snippet below : > >private void dockingManager1_ProvideGraphicsItems(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProvideGraphicsItemsEventArgs arg) >{ >// check if the control is active >if (arg.Control.Focused == true) >{ >arg.CaptionFont = new Font("Courier",11,FontStyle.Bold); >} >} > >Please take a look at this KB also. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Is there a way to make the text of the docking manager''s active tab bold? TestDockingFont_2706.zip

Ronda
Replied On October 26, 2004 06:17 PM UTC

Ok I figured out that the event was not being fired because I had themes turned on. Still this doesn''t solve the problem I need to change the text on only the active tab the tab text not the tab''s caption text. I don''t see anything for that.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 28, 2004 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Ronda, Sorry for the confusion. Here is the correct code snippet for setting the active tab text private void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { DockHost dhost = this.pnlpanel1.Parent as DockHost; DockHostController dhc = dhost.InternalController as DockHostController; if(dhc.ParentController is DockTabController) { //Accessing the Internal Tab DockTabControl docktab = (dhc.ParentController as DockTabController).TabControl; //Setting the Font style for the selected Tab. docktab.ActiveTabFont = new System.Drawing.Font("TimesNewRoman",10,FontStyle.Bold); } } Here is a sample F20527DockingTabBold_8438.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Ok I figured out that the event was not being fired because I had themes turned on. Still this doesn''t solve the problem I need to change the text on only the active tab the tab text not the tab''s caption text. I don''t see anything for that.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;