We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPToolbar positioning

I have a problem with the positioning of bars in your xp menu framework. I can position them without any problem during design mode, but when the application runs they are displayed all over the place - the toolbars are frequently placed above the menu, and when an mdi child window merges its bar items, the new bar is nearly always placed on a new line. I can rearrange them when the application is running, but when I restart they assume their random positions. I have AutoLoadToolbarPositions and AutoPersistCustomiztions both set to true for the main bar manager. I''ve seen several other posts on this issue without any apparent resolution. Any ideas about how we can resolve this?

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2004 04:24 PM UTC

I''d like to do exactly the same thing. Lets hope the support staff at Syncfusion pay attention this time...please!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2004 04:35 PM UTC

Oops. Wrong message. Ignore previous one.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2004 10:27 PM UTC

Hi Mike, The XPMenus framework automatically stores the runtime positional and customization information of the application just before it is closed. Sometimes this stored state information might result in undesirable menu/toolbar/CommandBar layout. Please try the following suggestions and let me know if this helps : 1. Delete the contents of the Isolated Storage folder. The Isolated Storage folder is in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage. 2. If (1) does not help, set the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoLoadToolBarPositions and AutoPersistCustomization properties to false. 3. You could also force the XPMenus.Bars to be arranged in a particular layout using the CommandBar''s RowIndex property as shown below : this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetBarControl(this.bar1).RowIndex = 0; this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetBarControl(this.bar2).RowIndex = 1; Now run the application and let me know how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MW Mike Woolley October 21, 2004 09:37 AM UTC

I''m afraid none of the above seem to work. We''re actually trying to create bars programatically - we''ve derived classes from Bar (ToolBar), BarItem (ToolBarItem)and ParentBarItem (ParentToolBarItem) as we need to implement interfaces on them. The code we are using to set up a bar is as follows; (barManager is of type MainFrameBarManager, which has been added to a form with the VS Form Designer) ... ToolBar tb = new ToolBar(barManager, title); tb.BarName = title; barManager.Bars.Add(tb); if (isMainMenu) { CommandBar cb = barManager.GetBarControl(tb); if (null != cb) { cb.RowIndex = 0 } } else { CommandBar cb = barManager.GetBarControl(tb); if (null != cb) { cb.RowIndex = 1; } } if (isMainMenu) { tb.BarStyle |= BarStyle.IsMainMenu; } if (isDraggable) { tb.BarStyle |= BarStyle.DrawDragBorder; } else { tb.BarStyle ^= BarStyle.DrawDragBorder; } ... We''ve followed the code that is generated in the InitializeComponent() method in order to do this. Could you help to determine what we might be missing? Thanks!

MW Mike Woolley October 25, 2004 07:13 AM UTC

Any further ideas on this one, or should I open a direct-trac incident? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2004 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Mike, Our apologies for the delayed response. I have created a DirectTrac incident 14332 in this regard, and will update you there shortly. In future, please address all your queries through DirectTrac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 03:53 PM UTC

Hi What is the solution for abovementioned problem v3.0.or do i need to update on directtrac. Thanks Sachin >Hi Mike, > >Our apologies for the delayed response. I have created a DirectTrac incident 14332 in this regard, and will update you there shortly. In future, please address all your queries through DirectTrac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Sachin, This problem has been taken care of in our latest releases. If it is possible for you to upgrade to v.4.1, you can download it from the following link: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v4.1.0.64/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Please log-on to Direct-Trac and get the unlock key http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/user/downloads.aspx. Please let me know if you find any problems in this version. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Thankyou, J.Nagaraj >Hi > >What is the solution for abovementioned problem v3.0.or do i need to update on directtrac. > >Thanks > >Sachin > > > >>Hi Mike, >> >>Our apologies for the delayed response. I have created a DirectTrac incident 14332 in this regard, and will update you there shortly. In future, please address all your queries through DirectTrac as far as possible. We appreciate your cooperation, and your continued interest in Syncfusion products. >> >>Regards, >>Guru Patwal >>Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon