We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disappearing Controls

I am using a number of different syncfusion controls, such as TabPageAdv, NumericUpDownExt, AutoLabel, DoubleTextBox and CurrencyTextBox. I occasionally encounter a problem after building and running my project. All controls that are added to the form seem to disappear, although they are still declared. Actually the control values, such as size, position, text etc, are all set to zero and other properties like other added controls (groupBox.Controls.Add(othercontrol)) just disappear. This has happended to me twice now and has also happend to another colleague. Have you heard of this problem before? If so, any idea''s what is causing it and how to stop it doing it again? Thanks, David.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2004 05:23 PM UTC

Hi David, Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences in this regard. This problem typically occurs when there is a version conflict on the machine. If there are multiple versions of Syncfusion dlls present on your machine, sometimes there could be a difference in the version to which the application links and the version of dlls present in the GAC. This leads to unpredictable behavior which sometimes leads to loss of code. Please try the following suggestions : 1. Delete all the Syncfusion dlls and policy files in the GAC (C:\WINDOWS\Assembly folder on a Windows XP machine or C:\WINNT\Assembly folder on a Windows 2000 machine) 2. Run the Assembly Manager tool chosing v2.1.0.9 Prebuilt Release option. The Assembly Manager tool can be accessed from Start Menu >> Programs >> Syncfusion >> Essential Suite 2.1.0.9 >> Assembly Manager. Once again, go to the GAC and delete Syncfusion policy files only. Makes sure that the dlls present in the GAC are of version 2.1.0.9. 3. Open the application in the designer and remove all the Syncfusion references. Re-add them from the ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies directory 4. Set the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references to false. Make sure there is a licenses.licx file included in the project. 5. Rebuild the application and run it. It should work fine now. Please do let us know if you continue to experience this problem even after trying out the above suggestions. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DL David Llewellyn October 24, 2004 09:10 PM UTC

Hi Guru, This problem is not related to a version conflict, as there has only ever been one version on this machine. The version I am using is :- 2.1.0.9. Have you got any other idea''s what may be cauing this?? Thanks, David. >Hi David, > >Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences in this regard. This problem typically occurs when there is a version conflict on the machine. If there are multiple versions of Syncfusion dlls present on your machine, sometimes there could be a difference in the version to which the application links and the version of dlls present in the GAC. This leads to unpredictable behavior which sometimes leads to loss of code. > >Please try the following suggestions : > >1. Delete all the Syncfusion dlls and policy files in the GAC (C:\WINDOWS\Assembly folder on a Windows XP machine or C:\WINNT\Assembly folder on a Windows 2000 machine) > >2. Run the Assembly Manager tool chosing v2.1.0.9 Prebuilt Release option. The Assembly Manager tool can be accessed from Start Menu >> Programs >> Syncfusion >> Essential Suite 2.1.0.9 >> Assembly Manager. Once again, go to the GAC and delete Syncfusion policy files only. Makes sure that the dlls present in the GAC are of version 2.1.0.9. > >3. Open the application in the designer and remove all the Syncfusion references. Re-add them from the ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies directory > >4. Set the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references to false. Make sure there is a licenses.licx file included in the project. > >5. Rebuild the application and run it. It should work fine now. > >Please do let us know if you continue to experience this problem even after trying out the above suggestions. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2004 10:06 AM UTC

Hi David, Please open up your project in the VS.NET designer, and set the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references to false. Now rebuild your project and let me know how it goes. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DL David Llewellyn October 25, 2004 08:27 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I have checked the properties for the Syncfusion references and all of them are already set to False. Should I try setting this to true instead?? Thanks, David. >Hi David, > >Please open up your project in the VS.NET designer, and set the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references to false. Now rebuild your project and let me know how it goes. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2004 11:08 AM UTC

Hi David, Ideally the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion dlls should be set to false. This issue might not be caused by a version conflict, but have you tried the steps (1) through (5) specified in one of my earlier responses ? If not, please do so. If this does not help, then I am afraid, we need a test sample that shows this behavior so that we can investigate it here. A very basic (highly stripped down) version of your application showing this problem will also do. Also I would appreciate if you could create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon