We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBox "Not in List" handling

Is there an event that can be used to detect when the user has typed an entry that is not in the list of a bound ComboBoxAdv or ComboBoxAutoComplete? ting0AAny examples of how to handle this would be appreciated. --Van Baker

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2004 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Van, I am afraid, presently there is no such event associated with the ComboBoxAutoComplete or the ComboBoxAdv. However, we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

VB vbaker October 20, 2004 12:44 PM UTC

That would be a useful new feature. Meanwile, my work-around was to handle the Validating event and in it try to find the combobox.Text value in the list using the FindString() method. If it''s not found, then that means the value entered in the combobox''s textbox was not in the list. Perhaps not very efficient, but it works. Thanks, --Van Baker

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2004 05:47 PM UTC

Hi Van, Thanks for sharing this information with us. I will notify you when the above mentioned feature request is implemented. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon