We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ComboBox "Not in List" handling

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

20322 Oct 14,2004 05:11 AM Oct 21,2004 01:47 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
vbaker
Asked On October 14, 2004 05:11 AM

Is there an event that can be used to detect when the user has typed an entry that is not in the list of a bound ComboBoxAdv or ComboBoxAutoComplete? ting0AAny examples of how to handle this would be appreciated. --Van Baker

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 20, 2004 06:28 AM

Hi Van, I am afraid, presently there is no such event associated with the ComboBoxAutoComplete or the ComboBoxAdv. However, we could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

vbaker
Replied On October 20, 2004 08:44 AM

That would be a useful new feature. Meanwile, my work-around was to handle the Validating event and in it try to find the combobox.Text value in the list using the FindString() method. If it''s not found, then that means the value entered in the combobox''s textbox was not in the list. Perhaps not very efficient, but it works. Thanks, --Van Baker

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 21, 2004 01:47 PM

Hi Van, Thanks for sharing this information with us. I will notify you when the above mentioned feature request is implemented. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;