We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

exclude hidden columns from Ctrl-C operations?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

20285 Oct 13,2004 10:22 AM Oct 13,2004 10:50 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Mike Daly
Asked On October 13, 2004 10:22 AM

I have a grid which contains multiple hidden columns. I want to allow a user to select a range of cells which may include one of these hidden columns (unbeknownst to the user), but I would like to exclude any data in the hidden cells when the selection is copied (Ctrl-C). I am already catching the copy command using gridControl_ClipboardCopy, but I can''t figure out how to remove my hidden columns from the rangelist specified. For example, if the user has selected R1:C1::R3:C7, but column 4 is hidden, I would like to adjust the rangelist to R1:C1::R3:C3 + R1:C5::R3:C7. Is there a way to manipulate GridRangeInfo/GridRangeInfoLists like this?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 13, 2004 10:43 AM

Here is forum link that discusses how you might do this and has code snippets. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=9906

Mike Daly
Replied On October 13, 2004 10:50 AM

Thanks, Clay! I knew that somebody probably had already asked the question; I just couldn''t find it.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;