We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

nant solution builds

Hi, I''ve been experimenting with using nant to do release builds. However when I''ve tried to use the ''Solution'' type nant build it throws an exception, i think because of the build not having the stathread attribute set when it''s doing the build. Has anyone sucessfully built proj''s using nant solution type builds with syncfusion...

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2004 06:53 PM UTC

Hi Pete

There are quite a few customers who are using NAnt to automate builds. We recommend that you use devenv to build the solution (instead of csc in the NAnt build file).
Here is a build file that shows how you can build the CommandBars sample''s solution file:

In this scenario you should ensure that the Syncfusion dlls* are in the PublicAssemblies folder before the build. (typically:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies).
If you want to use csc instead of devnev in your build file, here is a NAnt build file you can copy to the Essential Tools CommandBars sample folder. This builds a licensed version of the CommandBars sample that can be deployed. It is self-explanatory, but involves a lot more steps than using devenve. A couple of things to keep in mind are:
a) basedir="C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies" is the Syncfusion Public Assemblies folder*.
b) You need to ensure that the licenses.licx file exists and is included as an embedded resource. The Essential Suite readme file includes information on licensing and how you can create the licenseses.licx file for existing applications.

Here are the contents of the .build file:

(*Note: Syncfusion samples require Democommon.dll)
Regards
Arun

MD Mark Deraeve November 25, 2004 09:52 AM UTC

Hi, What if you don''t have Visual Studio installed on the (sourcesafe) PC where the nant built is done? In my case the nant build fails when using syncfusion products... pls help? >Hi Pete

> >There are quite a few customers who are using NAnt to automate builds. We recommend that you use devenv to build the solution (instead of csc in the NAnt build file).
> >Here is a build file that shows how you can build the CommandBars sample''s solution file:
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>

>

> >In this scenario you should ensure that the Syncfusion dlls* are in the PublicAssemblies folder before the build. (typically:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies).
> >If you want to use csc instead of devnev in your build file, here is a NAnt build file you can copy to the Essential Tools CommandBars sample folder. This builds a licensed version of the CommandBars sample that can be deployed. It is self-explanatory, but involves a lot more steps than using devenve. A couple of things to keep in mind are:
> >a) basedir="C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies" is the Syncfusion Public Assemblies folder*.
>b) You need to ensure that the licenses.licx file exists and is included as an embedded resource. The Essential Suite readme file includes information on licensing and how you can create the licenseses.licx file for existing applications.
>
> >Here are the contents of the .build file:

> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

>

> >
>
>
>
>

>

>
> >
>
>

>
>
>
>

> >
>
>

> >

>

>

> >(*Note: Syncfusion samples require Democommon.dll)
> >Regards
>Arun >

MD Mark Deraeve November 25, 2004 11:39 AM UTC

Some more information. The reason NAnt can''t build the solution has nothing todo with the licensing of the syncfusion control. The project with the syncF grid works fine on develop pc but on the nant server it just can''t build. I get an unexpeted error and after nant gets internal errors... E.g. unexpected error while compiling project ... then Exception has been thrown by... then The type initializer for "nant.core.task" threw an exception then File or assembly log4net not found... All projects build fine except the one with syncfusion controls in it... What could it be?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2004 06:05 AM UTC

Do you have a licensed version of the Syncfusion libraries installed on your build machine?

AZ aziz March 21, 2018 12:56 AM UTC

Hi, I''ve been experimenting with using nant to do release builds. However when I''ve tried to use the ''Solution'' type nant build it throws an exception, i think because of the build not having the stathread attribute set when it''s doing the build. Has anyone sucessfully built proj''s using nant solution type builds with syncfusion...

NK Neelakandan Kannan Syncfusion Team March 28, 2018 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Aziz, 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 
We have tried to build the our Syncfusion libraries with the nant build.  We could not able to reproduce the exception that you have reported while trying to build the project. Can you please provide your StackTrace and provide the details about which project that you are trying to build? So that it would be easier for us to check at our end.  
Regards, 
Neelakandan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon