We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combobox in databound grid

I need to select an item in a combobox in a databound grid. The only problem is that the key is composed of two fields. The two fields represent the key of the datamember table associated with the combobox. I need the result of the selection to be in two fields in the table that is related to datagrid. Please help!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2002 02:19 PM UTC

Can you explain more about what you need. For example, exactly what column (or columns) should appear in the combobox? Exactly what columns should appear in your grid? When the user selects a value in the combobox, how does this change the values displayed in the grid? Is the combobox bound to some datasource?

PC Pascal Couture December 10, 2002 03:00 PM UTC

Essentially, my datagrid is bound to a datatable in a dataset which I will name TABLE1. In TABLE1, there is two columns that relate to the primary key of table MARKETS (columns MARKET AND ZONE). I want the user to select a market in my datagrid with a combobox containing a list of markets from the MARKETS datatable. I need a way that when the user selects a market from the list, the fields MARKET and ZONE of TABLE1 are filled depending on his selection. Thanks for your help...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2002 03:31 PM UTC

So, does selecting a Market from the combobox uniquely determine the zone? If so, try handling the CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event, and if the cell is your combobox, then explicitly set the value of the Market column based on the value selected in the combobox.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon