We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Howto disable grouping for groups where count==1

?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Dominic, I don''t see a why how to do this at the moment. I tried to create a sample with a derived group (as shown in GroupingPerf) and overriding its IsChildVisible method but when I check the GetRecordCount() for the Parent Group I end up in trouble (StackOverflow) because IsChildVisible itself is called as part of the counter logic where the group tries to find out the number of elements to display. It''s a use case we have to consider for future versions to enable the library to do such thing. Stefan

DM Dominic Morris October 12, 2004 05:32 AM UTC

Thanks Stefan; it would reduce screen clutter and just generally make the data more accessable to be able to show such singleton groups _without_ the group header/caption row. D. >Hi Dominic, > >I don''t see a why how to do this at the moment. > >I tried to create a sample with a derived group (as shown in GroupingPerf) and overriding its IsChildVisible method but when I check the GetRecordCount() for the Parent Group I end up in trouble (StackOverflow) because IsChildVisible itself is called as part of the counter logic where the group tries to find out the number of elements to display. > >It''s a use case we have to consider for future versions to enable the library to do such thing. > >Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon