We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Repost: PercentTextBox does not show negative sign

Just to make sure that we didn''t overlook, I am sorry to double post this. But, I still have no luck in displaying the negative symbol in PercentTextBox using my own code or the sample code from Stephen. When I set the negative color to red, I can see the text color toggles between black and red when I press the - button, but no negative sign shows up. How am I going to do this or should I forget about PercentTextBox completely and use regular textbox? Thanks, Suriyanto >Stephen, > >Thanks for the reply. I cannot see the negative sign in your sample also. I am using version 1.6.x. Is there a known problem there? > >Thanks, >Suriyanto > >Hi Suriyanto, > >The negarive sign is displayed by default. Could you please make sure that you are setting the PercentNegativePattern property. > >Please take a look at this sample and let me know if you see the issue in this sample also. >F19776NegativeSign_4660.zip > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>We have instances where users can input negative percentage into the percenttextbox. However, the negative sign (-) is never shown. Only red color is used. Users fin it confusing that the negative sign is not displayed. >> >>What property can I use to show the negative sign? >> >>Thanks, >>Suriyanto > > > >

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2004 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Suriyanto, Sorry for the delay in responding. In the previous post you had mentioned that you were using version 1.6.1.0 . This version is almost a year old and there have been several changes made to the PercentTextbox in the time inbetween and it would be very difficult to track the changes made over an year ago. The sample that I had posted here was created with version 2.1.0.9 and the negative sign gets displayed in the latest version. I would really encourage you to upgrade to the latest version. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Just to make sure that we didn''t overlook, I am sorry to double post this. But, I still have no luck in displaying the negative symbol in PercentTextBox using my own code or the sample code from Stephen. > >When I set the negative color to red, I can see the text color toggles between black and red when I press the - button, but no negative sign shows up. How am I going to do this or should I forget about PercentTextBox completely and use regular textbox? > >Thanks, >Suriyanto > >>Stephen, >> >>Thanks for the reply. I cannot see the negative sign in your sample also. I am using version 1.6.x. Is there a known problem there? >> >>Thanks, >>Suriyanto >> >>Hi Suriyanto, >> >>The negarive sign is displayed by default. Could you please make sure that you are setting the PercentNegativePattern property. >> >>Please take a look at this sample and let me know if you see the issue in this sample also. >>F19776NegativeSign_4660.zip >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>We have instances where users can input negative percentage into the percenttextbox. However, the negative sign (-) is never shown. Only red color is used. Users fin it confusing that the negative sign is not displayed. >>> >>>What property can I use to show the negative sign? >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Suriyanto >> >> >> >>

SU Suriyanto October 6, 2004 07:52 PM UTC

Stephen, Thanks for replying. I am aware that we are using an old version of Syncfusion Tools. However, we are about to release our product in less than a month and it is too big a risk to switch to any newer version at this time. Could you confirm if this is really a problem in version 1.6? If it is, then we will need to workaround it. Thanks, Suriyanto

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Suriyanto, Sure, I will confirm if its a problem in version 1.6. I will install it in our test lab and update you at the earliest. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >Stephen, > >Thanks for replying. I am aware that we are using an old version of Syncfusion Tools. However, we are about to release our product in less than a month and it is too big a risk to switch to any newer version at this time. Could you confirm if this is really a problem in version 1.6? If it is, then we will need to workaround it. > >Thanks, >Suriyanto

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon