We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

questions regarding accessbility (keyboard only users)

For users that do not use a mouse to control a grid, what is the proper way to allow users to add new rows to a syncfusion grid? I''ve seen some grids where tabbing off the last column will automatically great a new blank row, and bring the user to the first column in that new row. Does syncfusion grid support this? On the same note, how to you select multiple rows using just the keyboard? Thanks, Chad

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 05:09 PM UTC

If you set gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EnableAddNew = true, then just like MS Access, the grid will always display a AddNew row that the user can cursor to using the cursor keys, and just start typeing to add a new row. If you do not want to see the AddNew row, then you would have to handle an event like QueryNextCurrentCell and add the row to your datatable yourself as the user is about to move off the last row. To select rows without a mouse, if you set grid.ListBoxSelectionMode to MultiExtended, then you can use shift+cursor keys to select rows.

CA Chad Allen October 4, 2004 05:32 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn''t specific in my original question. I am not using the gridDataBoundGrid, I am using the GridControl which does''t seem to have the AddNew property. any ideas?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 06:44 PM UTC

Try setting this property and subscribing to this event. this.gridControl1.Model.Options.WrapCellBehavior = GridWrapCellBehavior.NextControlInForm; this.gridControl1.WrapCellNextControlInForm += new GridWrapCellNextControlInFormEventHandler(gridControl1_WrapCellNextControlInForm);
private void gridControl1_WrapCellNextControlInForm(object sender, GridWrapCellNextControlInFormEventArgs e)
{
	if(this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.RowIndex == this.gridControl1.RowCount)
	{
		this.gridControl1.RowCount++;
		e.Cancel = true;
		this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.MoveTo(this.gridControl1.RowCount, 1); 
	}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon