We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change the cell type dynamically in GridGroupingControl

In my application, it is asked that editing should be enabled only when explicitly requested - such as double click, or context menu. In my table cell double click handler, I changed the Style Info, I didn''t find that anything changed. I follow the sample code provided for GridControl. Anything specially I should take care for GridGroupingControl? Thanks, albert

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 10:50 AM UTC

You cannot set explicit cell styles as you might in a GridControl. But I think you can do this using TableControlCurrentCellStartEditing and the DoubleClick event. Here is a little sample. GGCReadOnly_7805.zip

AG Albert Gao October 4, 2004 11:11 AM UTC

Thank you Clay. It is nice to know the way to toggle readonly attribute. I do need the ability to change the cell style from TextBox to ComboBox. Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks, Albert >You cannot set explicit cell styles as you might in a GridControl. > >But I think you can do this using TableControlCurrentCellStartEditing and the DoubleClick event. Here is a little sample. > >GGCReadOnly_7805.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 11:48 AM UTC

If you want to do it on a cell by cell basis (as opposed to changing it for all cells in a column), then you will have to handle QueryCellStypeInfo and set the e.Style properties there. Here is a forum thread that shows how you can see what cell you are on in QueryCellStyleInfo. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=16364

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon