We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Formula not work

Hi! Team Team Developer I''ve created worksheet using following code IWorkbook workBook; IWorksheet workSheet; IRange FirstCell; IRange SecondCell; workBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);IRange FirstCell = workSheet.Range[1,1]; FirstCell.Value2="100"; workBook.Names.Add("first"); workBook.Names["first"].RefersToRange = FirstCell; SecondCell= workSheet.Range[1,2]; SecondCell.Formula = "=first+5" //Problem! I down know which method i can using for get value of SecondCell. I''ve used FormulaNumberValue method but the value is "0.00". The value must be 105. vdquang

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2004 03:02 PM UTC

Hi vdquang, Sorry for the delayed response. ExcelRW does not have a calculation engine of its own, It just writes the Excel files in binary format and all the calculation is done by MS Excel when it opens the file. From, the code snippet I see that you need the calculated value of the SecondCell during runtime itself. This is currently not possible but we have a new product that will be part of the next release called "Essential Calculate". Essential Calculate is a complete calculation engine that has support for majority of the Excel functions. A beta version will be available in about three weeks time. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi! Team Team Developer > >I''ve created worksheet using following code > >IWorkbook workBook; >IWorksheet workSheet; >IRange FirstCell; >IRange SecondCell; > > >workBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);IRange FirstCell = workSheet.Range[1,1]; >FirstCell.Value2="100"; >workBook.Names.Add("first"); >workBook.Names["first"].RefersToRange = FirstCell; > >SecondCell= workSheet.Range[1,2]; >SecondCell.Formula = "=first+5" > >//Problem! >I down know which method i can using for get value of SecondCell. I''ve used FormulaNumberValue method but the value is "0.00". The value must be 105. > >vdquang >

VD Vu Dang Quang October 4, 2004 11:42 PM UTC

Thanks Stephen. I will wait for "Essential Calculate" beta relased. >Hi! Team Team Developer > >I''ve created worksheet using following code > >IWorkbook workBook; >IWorksheet workSheet; >IRange FirstCell; >IRange SecondCell; > > >workBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);IRange FirstCell = workSheet.Range[1,1]; >FirstCell.Value2="100"; >workBook.Names.Add("first"); >workBook.Names["first"].RefersToRange = FirstCell; > >SecondCell= workSheet.Range[1,2]; >SecondCell.Formula = "=first+5" > >//Problem! >I down know which method i can using for get value of SecondCell. I''ve used FormulaNumberValue method but the value is "0.00". The value must be 105. > >vdquang >

VD Vu Dang Quang October 5, 2004 12:11 AM UTC

Hi! Stephen Can you tell me how to make excel refresh value after saving without using Excel automation. For example: I''ve file excel name is "Test.xls". In this file i have A10 range is : "=SUM(A1:A9)". I''ve opened "Test.xls" using RWExcel component and change value of A9 and called save method. I''ve open it again and get value of A10. But the value hasn''t changed. If I''ve using Microsoft Excel open it before reopen it in RWExcel component. It works ok. Thanks. vdquang >Hi vdquang, > >Sorry for the delayed response. ExcelRW does not have a calculation engine of its own, It just writes the Excel files in binary format and all the calculation is done by MS Excel when it opens the file. > >From, the code snippet I see that you need the calculated value of the SecondCell during runtime itself. This is currently not possible but we have a new product that will be part of the next release called "Essential Calculate". > >Essential Calculate is a complete calculation engine that has support for majority of the Excel functions. A beta version will be available in about three weeks time. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Hi! Team Team Developer >> >>I''ve created worksheet using following code >> >>IWorkbook workBook; >>IWorksheet workSheet; >>IRange FirstCell; >>IRange SecondCell; >> >> >>workBook = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);IRange FirstCell = workSheet.Range[1,1]; >>FirstCell.Value2="100"; >>workBook.Names.Add("first"); >>workBook.Names["first"].RefersToRange = FirstCell; >> >>SecondCell= workSheet.Range[1,2]; >>SecondCell.Formula = "=first+5" >> >>//Problem! >>I down know which method i can using for get value of SecondCell. I''ve used FormulaNumberValue method but the value is "0.00". The value must be 105. >> >>vdquang >>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon