We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

First VB.NET app won't work

As a special project I have created a VB.NET program that is tied to an Access 2002 database that is in Access 2000 format and I am trying to put it on a computer (that I have loaded the framework onto and has Win 2000). I can run some of my other VB.NET programs that do not have databases in them just fine, but when I run this program it gives me an unhandled exception or somehting like that with a process and thread. It is not in my program as it runs on other machines in the lab (with the Visual.NET studio on them) and I also tried a classmate's program that also has a database in it and it will give me that same error message. As I am out of ideas and time in the semester I would appreciate any info on this...

1 Reply

BK Brastel Kabushiki Gaisha December 7, 2002 05:47 AM UTC

Have you created a DNS to your Database ? []s Genival - JAPAN > As a special project I have created a VB.NET program that is tied to an Access 2002 database that is in Access 2000 format and I am trying to put it on a computer (that I have loaded the framework onto and has Win 2000). I can run some of my other VB.NET programs that do not have databases in them just fine, but when I run this program it gives me an unhandled exception or somehting like that with a process and thread. It is not in my program as it runs on other machines in the lab (with the Visual.NET studio on them) and I also tried a classmate's program that also has a database in it and it will give me that same error message. As I am out of ideas and time in the semester I would appreciate any info on this...

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon