We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CurrentCell Behavior

Hi Clay, I have a grid where alternate columns are not enabled. I use these columns to show labels (like "FirstName", "LastName" etc). So when I am in a cell in the enabled column and press Tab, I would expect it to find the next enabled cell and move to it. So if I have columns 1,3,5 not enabled and columns 2,4,6 enabled. If I press tab when I am in [1, 2], I would expect it to go to [1, 4] and so on. In other words, how do I set the TabOrder, in such a case? Thanks!

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 07:23 PM UTC

It should happen naturally. Did you try it and it did not work? It seems to work for me in this sample. To tell it to wrap to the next row, you set the grid.Model.Options.WrapCellBehavior property. Tab_6128.zip

MB Madhavi Balusu September 15, 2004 08:15 PM UTC

You used GridDataBoundGrid, I am using GridControl. Does not work with GridControl.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 08:36 PM UTC

It seems to work ok for me in a gridControl as well. I am using the latest code base, 2.1.0.9. Tab_6943.zip

MB Madhavi Balusu September 15, 2004 08:38 PM UTC

Actually you are right. It does move the currentcell, however it is moving it in a weird way for GridControl. The Caret does not show up in the newly moved cell!!

MB Madhavi Balusu September 15, 2004 08:44 PM UTC

Sorry to be hitting you with these, but: Neither does it move the focus to the "next" control ( could be a button ) on this form when it is in the "last" cell of the grid and I press Tab.

MB Madhavi Balusu September 15, 2004 08:48 PM UTC

Never mind me: Answer was: this.m_grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.SetCurrent;

MB Madhavi Balusu September 15, 2004 08:56 PM UTC

Hey Clay, I still need answer for this though: Neither does it move the focus to the "next" control ( could be a button ) on this form when it is in the "last" cell of the grid and I press Tab. Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 09:09 PM UTC

See the response to the Wrapping question in this thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=7010

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon