We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Removing Tabs in .Net 1.1 SP1 Freezes Application

Removing a tab from a tabBarSplitterControl using the dotnet 1.1, SP1 freezes the entire application. To demonstrate run the attached application, using the menu click insert tab and then click delete tab and the application freezes. Please Advise. Thanks, Steve sfTabs_1539.zip SP1 can be downloaded here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=885055

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Steve, Thanks for bringing this to our attention and also for the test sample. We do see this issue here, and we are investigating this problem. I will keep you updated on the developments. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ST Steve September 16, 2004 03:30 PM UTC

Thanks for the response. I came up with a work-around in which if I first put focus on a control on the main form and then delete a tab it seems to work. So in my project (see attachment) I put a button on the form with coordinates of -10000 and -10000. I know it''s not pretty. Please let me know if you can come up with a better work-around. My Work Around Thanks, Steve

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2004 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Steve, Thanks for the update. You could workaround this problem by setting the TabBarSplitterControl''s ActiveControl property to null before removing a TabBarpage. private void menuItem3_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.TabBarPage page = frm.tabBarSplitterControl1.ActivePage; frm.tabBarSplitterControl1.ActiveControl = null; frm.tabBarSplitterControl1.TabBarPages.Remove(page); } We have also fixed this in the source code and the fixes will be available in the next release of Essential Suite (post v2.1.0.9 releases). We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

HC Hong Chen October 25, 2004 08:23 PM UTC

The workaround mentioned above all worked OK. However we are having a backward compatible issue. We have released two major versions using your 1.6 and 2.0 dlls. Neither of the releases work for dotnet framework SP1. Our goal is to avoid applying the workaround and recompiling our previous releases. We contacted Microsoft for help, because before SP1 it used to work. However, their reply is that this problem is not reproducible for their own controls. I wonder what is the root of this problem, and can we build something simple using their control to reproduce this problem. Because they promised to build some hotfixes.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2004 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Hong, Please refer to my update for your DirectTrac incident 14383 in this regard. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon