We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting groupbar width programatically

I''m trying to set the widht of several group bars programatically. The .Width in the group bar does not work. I found a forum page from 6/6/2003 9:50:26 AM where you said to use DockingManager.SetControlSize function. I tried that but the size does not change. I''ve attached an example program of what I''ve done. Thanks Patrick SetGroupbarWidthTest_7796.zip

4 Replies

PA Patrick September 15, 2004 01:44 PM UTC

It''s been two days and no response. Help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, Sorry about the delay in replying. I am looking into this issue and will update at the earliest. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >It''s been two days and no response. Help. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, Thanks for sending the sample. I was able to see that setting the control size using SetControlSize method did not take effect in both the form load and the NewDockStateEndLoad event handlers. Also make sure you use the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler for performing all custom initialization of the docking layout. Here is a related KB article. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10161 You can achieve what you require by 1) Turning off the AutoHideOnLoad property in the designer 2) Set the size and Autohide the groupbar in the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler. Here is the modified sample. >Hi Patrick, > >Sorry about the delay in replying. I am looking into this issue and will update at the earliest. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>It''s been two days and no response. Help. >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2004 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, Please ignore my previous response since it was not complete. Here is the complete reply. ******************************************** Hi Patrick, Thanks for sending the sample. I was able to see that setting the control size using SetControlSize method did not take effect in both the form load and the NewDockStateEndLoad event handlers. Also make sure you use the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler for performing all custom initialization of the docking layout. Here is a related KB article. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10161 You can achieve what you require by 1) Turning off the AutoHideOnLoad property in the designer 2) Set the size and Autohide the groupbar in the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler. Here is the modified sample. F18925_3347.zip I will also investigate the reson why the SetControlSize does not take effect when the AutoHideOnLoad property is set to true for the control. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon