We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Version 2 Hell????

I am trying to upgrade to Essential Suite 2.1.0.9 from Grid 1.6.1.6, and I hope somebody can rescue me from version 2 hell. My environment: Windows 2000, with VS2002 & VS2003 installed. The current development is taking place under VS2002. I am using an evaluation license of the suite while I wait for the front office to actually make the purchase. Initially, I installed the new version, and things *seemed* to be going well. However, my application would only run on the development machine; any other machine reported various and confusing "licensing" errors or exceptions. Hoping a clean install might help, I uninstalled the 2.1.0.9 version, as well as the old 1.6.1.6 version, and the reinstalled the 2.1.0.9 version again. That didn''t help. First, the Syncfusion Assembly Manager reports a "Input string was not in a correct format" error. But mostly, I still cannot run even the simplest app (i.e., new windows app, with an empty grid on the form) on any machine besides the development machine. When I first try to run the app on a target computer, I get a System.IO.FileNotFoundException because it can''t find "_FusionLic". So, I *manually* add a reference to _FusionLic.dll (and set to copy local). Now I get a System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException...for some unknown reason. Please help! My previous experiences with Syncfusion have been quite good; however, I don''t see much point in using components that I''ll never be able to deploy!

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2004 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Steve, What you are experiencing is due to the design of the evaluation logic for Essential Suite. To test deploy an application, the test machine will need to have the evaluation version installed on it as well. Once this is done, you shouldn''t have any more difficulties. With the licensed version of the Suite products, the logic is of course handled differently, and the key is embedded into the compiled assembly for deployment. -Trampas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2004 08:04 PM UTC

Well, not being able to deploy evaluation the version is certainly reasonable. I suppose I should''ve guessed that myself, but I didn''t. It would be nice if there was some mention of this behavior in the docs. Maybe a FAQ, or in the readme file? Thanks, s.s.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon